Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SCs on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SCs on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...

Seeing all these posts on sucky bus people reminded me of these choice stories from my various eventful years of riding the bus to school/college/work/leisure. XD

My paper deserves a seat!

Whenever I got on the bus in the morning to go to school or later, college, there would always be at least one of these idiots. They'd sit on a seat reading a broadsheet newspaper opened to its full extent, therefore taking up the entire seat. Being a bolshy teenager, I used to just plonk myself down next to them if there were no available seats and plug myself into my Walkman so I couldn't hear them whinge at me. XD Even now, I still get on the bus or train sometimes and see people still doing this; and yep, I still give them the same treatment cuz I don't give a rat's arse about you wanting to read both sides of your paper simultaniously, your paper didn't pay for a seat!

You must pay full fare!

Not really an SC, but worth a mention. Being tall and well developed as a schoolgirl, I used to sometimes get sucky bus drivers who refused to believe that I was in school so I'd end up taking my coat off to show them my uniform and prove that I was entitled to a half fare. -.- Used to get on my nerves, especially when carrying a heavy book bag and when it was cold in winter.

If you give the driver a twenty, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

This situation happened several times; order of happenings goes roughly like this:

1. SC hands bus driver twenty pound note.
    2. Driver tells SC that he/she can't accept it.
    3. SC whines, "But it's all I haaaaave!"
    4. Driver glares at them, then gives them a pile of small change after taking twenty.
    5. SC goes to the back of the bus whining about their purse/pocket full of shrapnel.

Sorry, but if that's all you have; then change it before you get on the bus, dingus. I always managed to do so, even in my last job when I was always paid in twenties.

OMG! Your dog is on the seat!

I used to have a lovely collie cross dog back when I was at school, and also at college. One thing I liked doing was, as a change from the fields and walkways round my way, was to take her on the bus to this lovely park in this town six miles away. I'd always offer to pay for my dog; as this became a regular thing, the bus drivers got to know me and how well trained my dog was and would let her on the bus for nothing. I would always sit her besides me on the seat, due to the fact that she was a small medium dog and I didn't want her feet or tail trampled on by careless people.

The fact that I had a dog sitting next to me drew various grumbles, moans and outright whinging from people, despite the fact that she was often behaving herself a lot more than people's kids; especially the kids of the people moaning about her. She sat still, didn't mess the seat, and I'd paid, or offered to pay and gotten waved on by the driver, so it was none of their business. -.-

You iz smoking!

Short, but sweet. XD This happened on a return journey from college. I was eating candy sticks on the bus when this happened.

Nosy old bat: Excuse me! You're not allowed to smoke on the bus! I'm going downstairs and telling the driver you're smoking, and then you'll have to pay the fine!
    Me: I'm eating candy sticks.
    Nosy old bat: ...

Honestly, they don't look that much like ciggies. -.-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Now see, what she was really trying to do was warn you of the dangers of trying to smoke candy sticks. ::nods sagely::
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

wait, your drivers give change none of the busses I've ever been on give change.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Being tall and well developed as a schoolgirl
        I never had that problem. I'm short and young looking. So, once, on a date, I couldn't get us into an R-rated movie because the teller didn't think I was 17 (I showed them my ID from Boeing Military which allowed me to access documents that were classified by the US Military ... but, I couldn't see a movie, agh!)
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Um, sorry, your dog doesn't belong on the seat unless there was something between the dog and the seat. I don't think anyone wants to sit where someone else's dog has been. The floor or your lap are the only places a dog should be on public transport. My local public transport authority also doesn't allow feet on seats for this same reason.
          Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
          Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
          <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

I love seeing those types of people on the buses where I live. You see, the drivers don't handle fare money at all. The taking of fares is entirely automated. You board, feed the machine money, and if it beeps, you get to ride. It has a magstrip reader for passes, a coin acceptor, and a bill acceptor. I love watching people stumble out of the pouring rain, and get to choose between walking or feeding the machine a $20 bill for a $1 fare...

Nosy old bat: Excuse me! You're not allowed to smoke on the bus! I'm going downstairs and telling the driver you're smoking, and then you'll have to pay the fine!
            I wonder what the fine is for filing a false and/or malicious report?

Comment

Seeing all these posts on sucky bus people reminded me of these choice stories from my various eventful years of riding the bus to school/college/work/leisure. XD

My paper deserves a seat!

Whenever I got on the bus in the morning to go to school or later, college, there would always be at least one of these idiots. They'd sit on a seat reading a broadsheet newspaper opened to its full extent, therefore taking up the entire seat. Being a bolshy teenager, I used to just plonk myself down next to them if there were no available seats and plug myself into my Walkman so I couldn't hear them whinge at me. XD Even now, I still get on the bus or train sometimes and see people still doing this; and yep, I still give them the same treatment cuz I don't give a rat's arse about you wanting to read both sides of your paper simultaniously, your paper didn't pay for a seat!
              Mind you, those newspaper sizes are getting ridiculous...
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=ENoBcueMMiE

Comment

Indeed. The worst thing is when the person deliberates with the Bus Driver for ages with a $50 Bill here, he groans and eventually just gives them a free ride (!!!, I witnessed this quite a few times) or a whole pile of $2 and $1 Coin. However, its reasonably common to find bus drivers now with Bills on them due to the fact paying Bus Drivers is a way to add money/credit to your Smartrider (Smart Card, Automated Fare Collection).

I love using that card. Haven't had to buy a bus/train ticket in years
                - Boochan

Comment

Quoth sarahj View Post
                  Um, sorry, your dog doesn't belong on the seat unless there was something between the dog and the seat. I don't think anyone wants to sit where someone else's dog has been. The floor or your lap are the only places a dog should be on public transport. My local public transport authority also doesn't allow feet on seats for this same reason.
                  That's up to the bus driver, not you; and sorry, but I have already said that the bus drivers had no problems with it. Also, most people's kids tend to be messier than a small, clean dog; particularly those who were sitting on seats wearing nappies and nothing else. I really think you're being a bit naive if you assume that bus seats are pristine clean; believe me, I have seen people doing so many disgusting things on buses that a dog merely sitting on a seat is hardly going to make a dent.

I don't want to get into an out and out fight over this; just stating that the bus drivers were always fine about it, and if they are, then no-one else can really say anything. Maybe it's different over where you are; but this is how it was.

Quoth Boochan View Post
                  Indeed. The worst thing is when the person deliberates with the Bus Driver for ages with a $50 Bill here, he groans and eventually just gives them a free ride (!!!, I witnessed this quite a few times) or a whole pile of $2 and $1 Coin.
                  The bus drivers that I know, and have known, are the sort who'd rather chuck someone off the bus rather than give them a free ride. It can be entertaining watching someone threaten to sue the bus company when the bus driver tells them to get off after they wave a fifty at him; yes, I have seen that happen. If you have a fifty on you, you can afford a taxi.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

If you have a fifty on you, you can afford a taxi.
                    Most taxis in this part of our little island won't accept a £50 note, so they'll need to break it somehow.
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

True, but having a fifty to me indicates richness. XD I don't think I ever have them, myself.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't think I ever have them, myself.
                        It tends to be men compensating for other certain appendages that have them, altough at Christmas in my first job we would get so many you could use the banded notes as building blocks!
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                          I love watching people stumble out of the pouring rain, and get to choose between walking or feeding the machine a $20 bill for a $1 fare...
                          *snicker*

Yeah, that's how it is around here. There's a fare box and you either show the driver your pass, or you feed the box a fare. The box doesn't care in the least if you feed it enough for 1 or 20 rides, it'll take whatever you have. But it won't give change.

Quoth sarahj View Post
                          Um, sorry, your dog doesn't belong on the seat unless there was something between the dog and the seat. I don't think anyone wants to sit where someone else's dog has been.
                          Have you ever watched what some parents let their kids do to those seats? I have on many a ride. A small dog hasn't got anything on it's paws short of actual shit that would be worse than what those 'precious little angels' are doing to bus seats all over the city. Oh, and I don't put it outside the realm of likelihood for the aforementioned 'angels' to have shit on their paws, too.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

re: Dogs sitting on seats. It's not like they're going to poop or pee on it! Like some drunk people and/or kids! Plus, dogs don't chew gum, and leave it on the seat. Nor do they sneeze into their hands, and wipe them on the seat. Ok, they might fart into the seat...
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

... but a lot of guys do that. Continuously. O.o

Have you ever watched what some parents let their kids do to those seats? I have on many a ride. A small dog hasn't got anything on it's paws short of actual shit that would be worse than what those 'precious little angels' are doing to bus seats all over the city. Oh, and I don't put it outside the realm of likelihood for the aforementioned 'angels' to have shit on their paws, too.
                              My dog had clean feet; I always used to check before she travelled anywhere; car, bus or train. Cuz I'm nice like that. XD And she was very well trained so she wasn't going to poop or pee on the seat... unlike some kids did. O_o One woman even changed her baby's nappy on a seat and left the nappy just sitting there. X_x This is why you should never sit in the front of a bus.
                              Last edited by Lace Neil Singer; 04-02-2008, 11:28 AM.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X