X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me? Do I attract these people?

Oh good grief - I'm back again.

Okay, so today was run errands again day. Went to the bank, no problems. Everyone is friendly.

Then off to Wally World, where I had to return a package of socks. I'd bought 2 packages, but since I'd used 2 of the 5 pair, I opted to give them to my sister for her or my niece. No issue with returning the other package. And like the new process they have for taking care of returns. It seems like a great system.

However, it was check out where all the excitement was. There was a girl getting all excited over something. Someone managed to get her calmed down enough to find out that she'd bought some cigarettes and cigarellos (sp?) and apparently had gotten some cash back, but didn't get it and left. She had no receipt and was making a fuss about the store stealing her money, etc.

SC: You stole my money! I want my money!
    Manager: Ma'am, please calm down, we're trying to get someone to look at the tapes.
    SC: Why?! Do think I stole the money?
    Manager: I didn't say that. It's standard proceedure
    SC: THE BITCH STOLE MY MONEY!! SHE PROBABLY DID! CHECK THOSE DAMNED TAPES NOW! YOU'LL SEE!!

Let me interject for a moment, that I was in the lane in question, and that it was the cigarette purchase aisle. She was also standing less than 10 feet away when she screamed the last part. She was so loud that I had to cover my ear. I made a little hiss because it hurt! She gave me a dirty look, then continued on her tirade, pacing.

After a few minutes - because you know everyone has to stop and watch the ensuing train wreck - the manager comes back to say that the cashier had left for the day, but that she was coming back to take care of this.

SC: Well, how long is that going to fucking take?
    Manager: Ma'am, please don't swear. There are children present.
    SC: I DON'T FUCKING CARE! YOUR BITCH CASHIER STOLE MY MONEY AND I FUCKING WANT IT NOW!! HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO FUCKING TAKE?!
    Manager: Ma'am, please!
    Me *quietly to the little old lady behind me whose eyes were as wide as saucers*: I guess her mother never taught her that you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

I turn around to find myself face to face with the screaming SC.

SC: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY BITCH? YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT ME, BITCH?

Let it never be said that I can't think on the fly.

Me: Well, let me first point out that I'm a human and not a dog, so you can stop calling me that. And secondly, you might want to lower your voice since you're making a spectacle of yourself. And if I was talking to you, I would have addressed you. But since you felt it was okay to stick your nose in where it didn't belong, I guess your momma never taught you that you get more flies with honey than vinegar. You're going to be here a looong time if you don't cap that attitude and work with the people here *pauses to thank the cashier and take my change* If you want to talk to a bitch, I suggest you look in the mirror sometime. *cue the manager trying not to laugh as I walk away*

And the rest of the day went pretty well. Got a yummy sammich at Subway - mmmmm, meatball *cue Homer drool* and SO and I are going to see Run, Fatboy, Run in a few hours. hehe
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

People like that are too ubiquitous, so I would have to say that no, we don't just attract them. Wal-Mart is their main mothership, so to speak, but I came to the conclusion a while back that saying I always attract people like that is just playing victim. These people are everywhere and will attract themselves to anyone. They want attention. That's why they do it. We don't attract them, they attract themselves. It's their niche.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Might I say that your response to that crazy lady is very much full of win.

Comment

I bet saying that stuff to the LMB (loud-mouthed bitch) made you feel good too!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
          If you want to talk to a bitch, I suggest you look in the mirror sometime.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Wal-Mart is their main mothership, so to speak,
            Working in a Wallyworld for the past few years...I have to agree. It's as if people think "oh! Walmart! I can swear at everyone here and grab my crotch in front of kids and spit on the floor here!". Then they get indignant when told they actually can't do that in our store.
            "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
            George Carlin

Comment

Well, it probably didn't help that I was starting to get a hunger headache, so that more than likely contributed to the snark. But you know, if I felt I didn't get my money back, I'd be talking to the manager in a private place waiting for them to do whatever they needed to do.

Not making a freakin' spectacle of myself.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              I bet saying that stuff to the LMB (loud-mouthed bitch) made you feel good too!
              Oh yeah, you know it.I really wish I could have seen what happened.

And Run, Fatboy, Run was good. Another great Simon Pegg film
              Last edited by fma_fanatic; 04-06-2008, 12:40 AM.
              Random conversation:

Comment

I don't want to threadjack, but what is with this attitude?

I was waiting for a bus last night at BART. Usually, my husband picks me up, but he was sleeping, his sleeping schedule messed up by the neighbor's sudden decision to do yard work.

Several people were standing around waiting for the driver to open the door. The driver was walking the bus, checking it for garbage and such. The bus is clearly lit up with the number (XX) and destination. There is a sign posted on the stop with the specific number of this bus, and this bus only.

A pig in man clothes walks up. He approaches a woman a few feet from me. I was half-turned away. He asks, "Is this the XX (garbled)." I turned, because I wasn't sure whom he was talking to, and I was willing to tell him he had the correct bus. Before I could say anything, he starts going off. "Fucking bitch, ignore me, rabble, rabble."

At that point, I turned away as he starts toward me, asking the same thing. I ignore him, because the pig has lost all human points, and he starts calling me a fucking bitch. He walked away and I didn't see him again.

I'm actually very helpful with people who are looking for trains and buses. I would have been happy to help even this loser, but the moment he called that woman a fucking bitch, he blew it.

Besides, I kind of figured he was only looking to pick someone up, because, please, if you're so illiterate you can't read the clearly displayed bus number on the bus and the sign, you really need more help than I can give you.
                Last edited by wagegoth; 04-06-2008, 01:12 AM.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Hey FMA, was that a Wal-Mart in St. Louis? Which location?

If so, I'll place a $0.25 bet on it being the St. Ann store on St. Charles Rock Road.

Blade_Raver
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

See, this is the very reason that I try to stay out of Wal-Mart. For some reason, that store always attracts clientele like this, and while it may be entertaining to some people, it is not always a pleasant sight to see. I only wish you had stayed long enough to find out if this pig was telling the truth or not.

In another story though, I recently had something like this happen at Lowe's when I used the self checkout. One of their employees came swooping out of nowhere and wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing. I told her I did, being I have used these machines lots of times. Well, I also got distracted by her that I forgot to take my $8.49 in change after I paid with a $20 bill. I was half way home when I discovered this. Lowe's policy was that they have a security camera there, and they would be happy to check their tapes to see what happened. Thankfully, someone found my money and turned it in. Now, did I get all huffy and rude about it? No way. It was my mistake for being careless like that, although I did tell the manager how I got distracted. He laughed and said, "You know, it's funny, because most other customers complain that nobody ever comes to help them out at the self check outs." I also had to laugh and said, "Yeah, but if they need help, they should not be visiting those machines and should go to a regular check out." He agreed.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                      Hey FMA, was that a Wal-Mart in St. Louis? Which location?

If so, I'll place a $0.25 bet on it being the St. Ann store on St. Charles Rock Road.

Blade_Raver
                      Bwhahahaha! I wish, but yes that is a crappy location. So is the one in Ferguson.

No, this one is the wanna-be SuperWalmart in Kirkwood. I say wanna be because it's nearly as huge as a SuperWalmart, but it doesn't have the Super on the outside.

The one in St. Ann is going to be gone soon when they start building the Super one in Northwest Plaza sometime later this year.

As for the St. Ann one, I've had some crappy service. The only good ones here is the one on Manchester and the one at Chesterfield Commons, which I think is being converted into a Super Walmart. It certainly looks like it.
                      Random conversation:

Comment

I've had good experiences from the ones in St. Charles, O'Fallon, and Eureka.

Looks like I owe ya a quarter... how ya wanna collect it?
                        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I've taught all my kids to cross themselves and say the Lord's Prayer before we step over the threshold......my mother HATES it. (I only go in there for yarn).
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                          X