This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Had To Be Up To Something

Let me set the scene. Girlfriend and I are renting a video. Video store has two registers one on each side of the single exit door. Manger (M) and Female Clerk (FC) are to the left of the door, Male Clerk (MC) to the right.

Right as we go to check out at MC, Gansta Dude starts talking to FC and M about The Mist. Gansta Dude is going on and on asking how scary it was, how he heard it was the scariest movie ever, etc. Both M and FC tell Gansta Dude that they have heard nothing positive about it.

At about this time MC calls M over to his register, because he cannot remove the safety bar holding our movie shut.

M heads over and Gansta Dude is still chatting away about The Mist with FC. He is now yelling across the store at Gansta Girl about the movie as well. Despite hearing how terrible it was, they decide to rent it. Gansta Girl starts pestering FC about some unknown deal to get free popcorn. Once FC tells Gansta Girl that no deal like this exists, Gansta Girl starts waving microwave popcorn tubs at FC and asking all sorts of questions about making the popcorn.

Finally M and MC (who have been distracted by the broken dvd case this whole time) free our dvd just as Gansta Girl and Dude leave with their movie.

As soon as we get back to our car it hits me - the Gangsta duo had to be pulling some sort of scam. One of them was always asking any employee who was not helping another customer inane questions, all while being relatively nice.

So, does it sound to everybody like they were up to something?
    My Pointless Links collection.

Possibly. It is a bit suspect that they were making SUCH a big scene, most likely to distract the clerks from whatever they were doing. Or, they just mighta been loud, attention-hungry idiots.

And, slightly OT: Personally, I liked 98% of The Mist. There was one cheesy scene I lol'd at, but otherwise, I liked the whole psychological aspect, even though I think they should've marketed the film differentely, as it certainly wasn't real creature-feature horror.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Honestly? They sound like they're on something. I've known people who get like that when on stimulants.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Either that or distracting employees while they shoplift.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          Either that or distracting employees while they shoplift.
          Thats what I thought. This has happened to me before, from a group that we know that come in and purely steal stuff. This was the only time that approaching shoplifters was the bad point here, as one distracted me about something at the counter as the other 3 reached around in our display window and stole stuff (thankfully some of the stuff was empty boxes, but we did lose a digital camera out of it!).

Definitely something going on.
          - Boochan

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
            And, slightly OT: Personally, I liked 98% of The Mist. There was one cheesy scene I lol'd at, but otherwise, I liked the whole psychological aspect, even though I think they should've marketed the film differentely, as it certainly wasn't real creature-feature horror.
            I thought it was pretty good too.(Best part was the lady throwing the can of vegetables at the crazy woman ) Better then most horror movies now days. I want my scary back

On topic: Sad thing is, I'm not sure there. I get enough loud noisy people per day that it's normal to see at my store
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
              Better then most horror movies now days. I want my scary back

check out some J-horror(japanese horror)-scary with a plot usually involving vengeful spirits and little to no blood.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                check out some J-horror(japanese horror)-scary with a plot usually involving vengeful spirits and little to no blood.
                There's an idea!

*Toddles off to AsiaYes to locate some good (bad?) horror flicks*
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Scam, possible more than likely just the typical socially retard kids that are everywhere now a days.

The one cool thing about The Mist is that the original story inspired Half-life. I will let a less than spectacular movie slide for that.
                  I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                  -The Amazing E
                  Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Actually, I am drifting more towards the possibility that that's just how these people act.

There's a few of Family Video stores in my town....I think it's a pretty small chain overall, but they are MUCH cheaper than Blockbuster and all you need is a valid phone # to get a membership.

Anyway, one of the stores is located in a somewhat poor part of town. And some of the people who patronize that Family Video leave something to be desired....or, actually, not really. It's almost as bad as Wal-Mart at that Family Video store. White trash heaven, Jerry Springer right in the middle of the aisles....
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                      Try Ju' On 2 (sp?) Amazing... Best "J-horror" I have seen so far... I just ordered it actually
                      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

One Missed Call I found was very good. Have bought the sequel too, but haven't got round to watching it yet.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                          I Better then most horror movies now days. I want my scary back
                          you should try The Decent (the directors cut, not the theatric... unless you're in the UK in which case I believe they were the same)... good job at combining creature feature and psycho thriller.

*goes on blockbuster.com to add it to my queue... again*
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                          X