This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes...The Machine can sense you!

Alot of ATMs have Advertisements running while no one is using them for a transaction. I guessing its some form of screen saver that is deactivated when you put your card in...

I was waiting behind a Man at the ATM over the weekend, at first I thought he was trying to decide whether to get money out or to get a balance or just deciding how much money to get out.. However then I noticed that he still had his card in his hand... Interesting I thought but as this is the only ATM in the Shopping Center that won't charge me for using it I had to wait... and wait... and wait... and wait some freaking more.

He started making frustrated noises, tapping his foot and glaring at the machine and finally I heard him say

"Why won't it let me put my card in! I have seen this ad 10 times"

Now ATM etiquette meant that I could not say anything.. I resisted sniggering and waited some more. He turned around and said to me

"Screw it I'll go to another one that works!" and started to walk off... So I walked up and put my card in. He stopped walking and watched me... So I put myself between him and the screen and got out my money. As I was walking away he said to me

"How did you get it to recognize you?" ... and then I realised he expected the machine to realise he was there and say "Hi welcome to <bank" please insert card" ...

What I want is an ATM that will yell (not that wimpy "beep") HEY IDIOT! YOU FORGOT YOUR CARD! for the occasions I have a mind-meltdown.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      What I want is an ATM that will yell (not that wimpy "beep") HEY IDIOT! YOU FORGOT YOUR CARD! for the occasions I have a mind-meltdown.
      That would be scary!

I think they should have a feature that if the card is left there it eats it and informs your bank so they can inform you that it has eaten it!

Comment

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
        I think they should have a feature that if the card is left there it eats it and informs your bank so they can inform you that it has eaten it!
        Oh DOG no! Please oh please no! I left my ATM card in an ATM not 6 hours before I had to leave on a road trip to an anime convention. If the machine destroyed the card then i'd have been up shit creek without a paddle.

*Shudders because he DID suffer from nightmares*

Comment

Oh DOG no! Please oh please no! I left my ATM card in an ATM not 6 hours before I had to leave on a road trip to an anime convention. If the machine destroyed the card then i'd have been up shit creek without a paddle.

*Shudders because he DID suffer from nightmares*
          True that would bad But better than some tweenie bopper getting their hands on my hard earned cash!

Comment

That is also true. I can only IMAGINE the horrors....

Comment

I ATE YOUR CARD! Muahahahaha!
              The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

One of the local ATMs where I live speaks in a somewhat sultry Australian accent. It makes me feel like a naughty boy if I leave my card in...
                Flood

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                  One of the local ATMs where I live speaks in a somewhat sultry Australian accent. It makes me feel like a naughty boy if I leave my card in...
                  Mwahahahahaha Well I want our machine to have sexy scottish accents I already possess an Australian Accent

Comment

UK ATMs won't dispense the money until you've taken the card out of the slot, unsuprisingly few people forget their money
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                      UK ATMs won't dispense the money until you've taken the card out of the slot, unsuprisingly few people forget their money

Actually now that you mention ours are the same! How did I manage to miss that!

Comment

my bank's ATM has a slot that you slide the card in then remove it quickly...you leave it in there it beeps loudly at you at says to try your card again. thankfully my bank also can cut you a live card that is good that same day if something happens to your card (lost, stolen, mauled up using it to open locked doors >.>)
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                          Same here, across the Channel. However, some ATM do eat your card if you don't pick it up in a fairly reasonable amount of time (about 2-3 minutes).
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                            Same here, across the Channel. However, some ATM do eat your card if you don't pick it up in a fairly reasonable amount of time (about 2-3 minutes).
                            Never tried that, don't think it's something I'm going to intentionally test
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Ah the uses I can imagine for such a thing. I myself would love to have one in our car for my husband. He NEVER remembers to put on his seat belt till he's halfway down the street and then must do it WHILE DRIVING!

I seriously want a car that if people don't put they're seat belts on (at least in my state where you get a nasty fine if you don't) says something along the lines of "Ejecting driver/passenger from car in 10 seconds. Please put on safety belt or land on your face. You dumbass."

Yes I am evil.
                              "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X