Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Captain Obvious isnt available...you fail.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha! Awesome!

There was a guy at a pawn shop the other day who I think was hitting on me. First he said I looked familiar, then he asked if I danced at a nearby club. I said no and he apologized. Then I realized he was asking me if I was a stripper. Which is really funny because I can't think of anyone who looks less like a stripper than me. I'm kind of chubby, I have glasses and hair that tends to frizz out of control.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
      I'm kind of chubby, I have glasses and hair that tends to frizz out of control.
      1) A lot of guys like a fuller figure.
      2) The right glasses can actually make you look better.
      3) Most guys couldn't care less about frizzy hair.

That is all.
      Last edited by JustADude; 06-26-2008, 10:14 AM.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

+1

if done right "kind of chubby" and glasses can be better, and I can only speak for myself, but I usually don't even notice the hair

Comment

Agreed, but most strip clubs won't hire dancers with such looks.

Just my opinion, though...
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Sam, around these parts, they hire strippers with barely any teeth. No one is going to notice if a stripper around here has a few extra pounds or the frizzies.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post

Just my opinion, though...
              They do on Thick Thursdays.. (I swear theres a club by me that hosts this night!)

Comment

Hehehe
                I've been hit on, and always say "Sorry, I'm happily involved!" and gesture towards TTO if he's in the vicinity.
                He doesn't mind it though. I've asked "Does it make you jealous?" and he says
                "Of course not - it just means they have good taste!!"

There is NO comeback to that!
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                  Have you ever been to a strip club? I don't know you from Adam (or Eve in this case) but from what you said about yourself, you could be one of the top dancers from what I've seen/heard of some clubs.

Lord I went to one where the first girl was ugly, a bad dancer, and she kicked over my $5 beer.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                    "Of course not - it just means they have good taste!!"
                    Hey, that's what I say too.

It's also what I try to tell one of my friends who has tried chasing people down if someone whistles at his girl or looks at her a little "too long"

Comment

Maybe it's just my own internal hangups, but if I'm either providing or requesting a service, I don't feel right trying to "pick someone up", as it were.

I'm polite, even down right charming, but that's all just window dressing.

I don't care how hot you are (or think you are), if one of us is only present because it's his or her job, then it's just WRONG to try to turn it into something else (or pretend it's anything else).

All that comes from that are sad people who think the strippers really DO like them (and you know who you are).

Comment

I just thought it was funny that he went straight to stripper, though. The whole thing was really weird. Thanks guys! I know some guys wouldn't care, but I don't know if strip clubs would hire such girls. I can't imagine myself as a stripper, I'd probably trip and fall face first into the pole.
                        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                          Have you ever been to a strip club? I don't know you from Adam (or Eve in this case) but from what you said about yourself, you could be one of the top dancers from what I've seen/heard of some clubs.

Lord I went to one where the first girl was ugly, a bad dancer, and she kicked over my $5 beer.
                          Actually, no. But I can't quite picture a stripper with glasses (a naughty secretary / office lady thing, maybe ?). But, agreed, depending on the amount of chubbiness, particular tastes of the manager and clientèle, number of girls available, just about any girl may or may not be hired as a stripper.

However, err... Thanks. I guess. ^^ Besides, I'm quite clumsy, and though my belly doesn't overlap my belt, it is rather apparent. (It has been deemed as "comfortable" by a select few of my female friends, though.) But the one thing that makes me sure I couldn't break it into the unclothing market is my skin. I think my skin is horrible and wouldn't want to show it to anybody that didn't expressly asked me to.
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                            I hated when guys wanted my number when I worked at the gas station. Until I found the Rejection Hotline.....I memorized the Wisconsin one and gave it out to pretty much every nasty guy came in and thought it was the perfect opportunity to put me on the spot and give him my number (poor employee can't even stand up for themself in that kind of situation).

Imagine the horror when they tried to call me. Ha Ha. Serves em right.

Oh, those rejection numbers are a god send!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                              Not necessarily...friend may have thought your little brother was actually your child, and was therefore sitting between you and "BF." A lot of couples sit with the(ir) child in the middle to make it more difficult for the child to get into trouble.

You don't mention any ages, so it's difficult to tell if you looked like parents and child(ren), or just a group of friends.
                              Sorry my little brother was 21 at the time. I was 31, my husband 28, and my cousin 32. We were in a sports bar type and only my husband and I got carded. Meaning I look younger than my little brother. He's almost 6ft and built like a linebacker.

Although I was 14 had one person think that my little brother was my child and my older brother was my husband. My dad took the family out for dessert at a restaurant where he knew the owner and when we went in the guy says to my father, "Oh, you brought you son, his wife and your grandchild in!" My dad simply responded, "you mean my son, my daughter and my son."

Comment

Working...
                              X