This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clown car of stupidity.

These weren't customers, but this was a huge WTF moment.

I was standing on my balcony which overlooks a quiet residential street and I heard a car that was obviously speeding.
    I look to my left and see a car doing about 70km/h (about 43mph, according to Google's conversion calculator).
    The car is hugging the sidewalk, and I get the impression the driver is trying to go for some fancy Fast and Furious parking job. I was right. The only thing about this was there was a car along the side of the street that was already parked that I figured they would hit for sure.

The speeding car SLAMS on the brakes, coming inches from the parked car.
    OK, just some idiot trying to show off, I thought.
    Well then out comes a woman from the passenger seat with a baby in her arms. No way could that kid have been strapped in properly; it had to have been sitting on her lap.
    Just when I think that's the end of the madness, the clown car lets out another nugget of their poor judgment.
    She pulls the seat forward to let someone out of the back.
    Another kid who couldn't have been more than six years old.
    Then she starts unloading stuff from the car.
    A 24 of beer that was on the floor on the passenger side (meaning she would have had to have had her feet one it, while holding the baby) and a 26er of what I'm pretty sure was Smirnoff vodka (they were only about 100 feet from me so it was easy to tell).

Wow.

I would have hated you to witness a car crash resulting in the deaths of two kids, but I can't help but thinking : "Natural Selection : they're doing it wrong".
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Sounds like what I saw last night. I'm in my home office, petting my kitty (who is sitting on the table by the window), when several idiots on sport bikes went roaring past the house. There's no way they were still under the speed limit. As they were about to pass my neighbor's, I heard them all slam on the brakes Sure hope they didn't hit a deer...
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Maybe the NASCAR craze has spread further than we thought.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I would've been on the phone with police right then about the speeding, brake-slamming clown car with young kids and a (likely) unstrapped baby. Holy crap!

Quoth protege View Post
          Sure hope they didn't hit a deer...
          Oooh, that would've been messy. ::wince::
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
            I would have hated you to witness a car crash resulting in the deaths of two kids, but I can't help but thinking : "Natural Selection : they're doing it wrong".
            Obviously, Samaliel, if they survived they have something to offer in the way of reflexes and coordination, if not in judgment, so they pass the test. Natural Selection is infallible, for a given value of Nature.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              Obviously, Samaliel, if they survived they have something to offer in the way of reflexes and coordination, if not in judgment, so they pass the test. Natural Selection is infallible, for a given value of Nature.
              I know plenty of people who prove natural selection is VERY much fallible. Through sheer dumb luck.
              "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
              James from Pokémon.

Comment

Quoth Velfarre2001 View Post
                I know plenty of people who prove natural selection is VERY much fallible. Through sheer dumb luck.
                Luck is a survival trait too.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  Oooh, that would've been messy. ::wince::
                  ... I have a mental image, now... Dead bikers, impaled on a deer antlers, deer crushed under fuming bikes... Would make a great poster for road safety awareness... ^^

Not quite sure it's genetically transmissible, though...
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Wearing a helmet/driving sensibly is making your own luck...
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

There's drag racing on the main street a 1/2 block from my house every saturday night starting around 9pm. I'm so glad my kids are at their dad's house on weekends. I never use that road after dark.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

They've already started drag racing on some streets here, mainly Routes 51 and 885. Occasionally though, they'll race on the longer streets in the borough. In fact, my street seems to be the preferred avenue (pun intended!) for it. It doesn't happen as much as it used to--mainly because the cops patrol down there at night more. They did catch 2 idiots racing...after they'd hit a tree (For those who don't know, my street turns back on itself, with several blind corners and hidden driveways.) Anyway, those idiots got caught...after they tried to flee. Turns out that the cops went around *both* ways. Not only did they get busted for street racing, but fleeing and eluding as well
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post

Not quite sure it's genetically transmissible, though...
                          Sure it is, just ask Teela Brown.

Comment

Apparently a fireman up here was riding his bike and hit a BEAR!

I didnt read the article or anything, but he looked rather beat up. Not sure how the bear is.
                            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth the toy guy View Post
                              Sure it is, just ask Teela Brown.
                              For those who are wondering: Teela Brown. The books are worth reading.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X