Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, I see the point now. I"m just so used to shopping at stores where they don't mention the cost of bags . . . . Thank you

Comment

I was just at Aldi yesterday. The guy who was ahead of me had to calll his wife to get her PIN for her debit card, and while he was doing that he didn't bother to put his stuff in his cart, so I had to wait. Anyway, I had my bags I was buying on the belt first, so the cashier rang them up first. He got all excited, and says, "OH! Do we get bags?" The look on his face was priceless when the cashier says, "No, those are hers."

Comment

I like Aldi. Its dirt cheap, and absolutely brilliant for cakes, waffles and continental meats. I certainly don't mind bringing my own bags when you consider how much you can save from there.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

I think a cluestick at the checkstand of Aldi's might be necessary!

Comment

Both Aldi and Lidl are great places to shop for cheap groceries - and the quality is by no means necessarily bad. As a matter of fact, a lot of brand-name producers drop their surplus stock at discount stores, where it's sold as no-name product - helps them keep down their production costs without eroding the prices.

Plus, due to their incredibly large buying quantities, they regularly offer high-value electronics (whiteware, PCs, stereos etc.) at affordable prices.
            You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
              Are you kidding me people actually bargain at a Goodwill? I guess some think $2.50 is still to high to pay for pants or shirt which could cost what up to ten times as much as in a regular store. There is one near where I work and I've gone there a few times. I've found few really nice things there and the first time was for a Halloween costume.

Having had worked at a Goodwill (I actually miss that place sometimes, but it's gone downhill since I left), I can attest to the fact that yes, people DO try to bargain there. One of my first days there, a woman found a sweater for a couple of dollars. It wasn't the best quality (having a hole or two) and probably shouldn't have been on the sales floor, anyway. Anyhoo, she kept trying to talk the cashier down and the cashier finally had to call a supervisory type who let the woman have the sweater for 99 cents, no return allowed.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                It's just like the people at Goodwill who try and barter or complain about the prices there.

Some people, I swear.
                And as a former Goodwill and Salvation Army employee I can tell you that I got to hear the same "you guys are too expensive Walmart has this cheaper will you price match that oh I'll just get it over there instead" rant every single day.

What's funny is that I actually did check Wallyworld on a few of these so called cheaper over there items..... when I saw they were 2-3 times as expensive over there. I guess some folks will lie about just anything in order to save a few cents.... that SCism for ya.
                New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
                  What's funny is that I actually did check Wallyworld on a few of these so called cheaper over there items..... when I saw they were 2-3 times as expensive over there. I guess some folks will lie about just anything in order to save a few cents.... that SCism for ya.
                  Keep sending them to Walmart. That way, I can get all the Legos, model cars, and other assorted toys all for myself

I'd rather get "gently used" toys. Not only are they usually cheaper, but sometimes you can get things that aren't in stores anymore.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Who, I don't know where you are located, because I have never heard of such a store or such policies, but I think I'd be pretty shocked too if I had to pay a deposit just to use a cart and had to buy bags. Is there a sign on the door or something to warn the shopper before they go in?
                    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
                      Who, I don't know where you are located, because I have never heard of such a store or such policies, but I think I'd be pretty shocked too if I had to pay a deposit just to use a cart and had to buy bags. Is there a sign on the door or something to warn the shopper before they go in?
                      The carts are located outside the doors, and there are signs quite prominently placed telling how to operate the things, plus the detail that you get your money back.

Signs for bags aren't quite so prominent, but they're all of five cents each, for sturdy paper bags (nice holding capacity). Plus you can grab any boxes you want from around the store (free), so you usually don't need all that much in the way of bags.

Comment

Hahaha, wow, that's amazing . . . I wanna go to one!
                        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

It's the best time of the year to go to Aldi. Continental Christmassy stuff. <drools>

Comment

Aldi has the most fabulous German chocolates and cakes right now. I'm going there first thing on Saturday morning.
                            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                            - Dave Barry

Comment

::checks aldi.us, rubs hands together:: Hey, there's an Aldi up the road from the WM supercenter Hubby and I do our grocery shopping at! Maybe I'll have to convince him to go check it out on our next grocery trip.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                                Aldi has the most fabulous German chocolates and cakes right now.
                                Last year they had giant pfeffernusse which were gorgeous. I'm hoping they've got them again. And where else can you buy 5 bars of Swiss chocolate for less than £1?

Comment

Working...
                                X