This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to explode....

I've been dealing with this dress company for over 2-3 months and every time I question them on something they talk to me like I'm the dumbest person ever that can't "speak english"

I'm at the end of my teather!

I ALMOST but have not sent them the most abusive email I have ever written just because of their last email.

They recently sent me an email stating that the dresses I ordered will be overnighted to their office on the 8th of Sep. I reply and say "thats fine, please tell me when they are shipped to Aus."

Letting them know I was ok with them taking longer because of "delays".

The email responce was beyond rude.

"as stated in the previous email they will be shipped on the 08/09/08"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NO NO NO you said that was when they will be shipped to YOUR place in NEW YORK! Not AUS! I'm SICK of being spoken to like an idiot!

I'm never shopping with them EVER again!
    Last edited by Binky; 09-05-2008, 05:24 AM. Reason: decided to delete the name of the company
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Mind letting us know somehow, what this company is, so none of us will befall the same fate?

I'm sure it's against the rules to outright say it, so encode it or send it in a PM or something... I need to know! (going wedding dress shopping soon... at least let me know if it's a wedding dress company)
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

Hey, so I tried to PM you back, but it said you can't accept them right now. Hhhmmm...
      I work at Walgreens.

Comment

Interesting - I'd be curious as to why someone cannot PM another. What was the exact reason, please?

Rapscallion

Comment

I would simply send them a slightly exasperated-sounding e-mail saying, "Yes, I understand that it will be shipped to New York on *date*, but I'd like to know when it might actually arrive in AUSTRALIA. Thank you!"
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast View Post
            I'm sure it's against the rules to outright say it, so encode it or send it in a PM or something... I need to know! (going wedding dress shopping soon... at least let me know if it's a wedding dress company)

ooooooooooooooo!!! Off topic, but when you find your dream dress, take pics and send them to me! I love wedding dresses!

On topic: What jerks! You should send them a letter back like tollbaby suggested. Also, tell them you don't appreciate being treated like an idiot.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              Interesting - I'd be curious as to why someone cannot PM another. What was the exact reason, please?

Rapscallion
              Uuhmm... I think it said something like "this user is either not accepting PMs right now, or is not allowed to accept them" or something along those lines.
              I work at Walgreens.

Comment

Ah, not board settings, then. That's a setting the user can make.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm sure it's against the rules to outright say it
                  I'll have to read the TOS again but I don't see why we can't say which company was being sucky...

Comment

ok weird. I don't remember playing with any settings in regards to PMS maybe I unticked something accidentally.

I'll have a look see. I've received them in the past. Odd.

Will let you know when I've worked it out
                    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      I'll have to read the TOS again but I don't see why we can't say which company was being sucky...
                      Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no rules against it. AFAIK, most of us just use allusions because it's more fun, or because we don't want retaliation if one of the SCs (Sucky Customer or Cow-irker) finds out who we are.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

No rules against naming companies, unless it's really libellous stuff that would risk us getting sued. However, we really advise that you obfuscate the name of your employer. Many larger employers search for themselves on the Internet, and unfavourable comments, and they would have a reasonable chance of working out who someone was based on various posts they had made. Not a rule, but our advice is based on our duty of care to the members.

Of course, if you work at a McDonald's, for example, you're likely to be anonymous via the sheer number of places where there is a franchise, but we still advise being careful.

Rapscallion

Comment

I would rather not say the name of the company while they still have my dresses. Paranoia or not, while they have them, I would rather not say/do anything to make it take longer.

As it is, I was meant to get an email with a tracking code, and yet, I've not got it. I shouldn't be shocked, they have been terrible with communication from the start.

Don't even remember now if I mentioned about them quoting me a certain amount for the dresses, then charging me a different amount (significantly larger). I questioned them on it, they went into a rant about "how much they were "already taking off" my dresses" and essentially to be happy with what I'm getting.

I don't think I was out of line to ask them to honor a quote. But sel-la-ve (sp?) I managed to get the discount that they ADVERTISED! but that was it.

*le sigh*

Comment

Don't tell me the place's initials are DB. I've heard plenty of horror stories about that dress chain. The one time I went in while shopping for a wedding dress, a few things went wrong.

1. I didn't know you were supposed to make appointments for the store. Just not a concept I was familiar with. They agreed to "squeeze me in" (no one else was in the store at the moment, so the employees were basically just sitting around), which was nice. And for the record, the other three dress stores I visited were willing to take walk-ins as well as appointments with no complaint.

2. I knew that wedding dresses and other formals were on a different size scale from regular dresses and clothes, but I didn't know what my own dress size (12/14) would be in formal sizes. So I told the employee which size I was, and she sent me to the size 18 rack to look at gowns, explaining that 18 was my formal size. All the dresses looked like tents, and none of them were very pretty, so Sis, Friend, and I left.

Turns out when I went to the store where I ended up buying my dress, when I told them my regular size and what DB had told me to try, the employee sent me to look at the 12/14 sizes. I'd also seen a dress I wanted to try on their website, but the only one in the store was a size 10. The employee said we could try it out anyway and see, and lo and behold, the 12/14s were all still a bit too big while the 10 fit absolutely perfectly. Win! And shame on DB.

But I've heard so many horror stories of overcharging, making mistakes and not rectifying them, ordering a dress far too large so they can charge for the alterations to make it fit, etc. that I'm very leery of the DB store.
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
                              I'm never shopping with them EVER again!
                              Haven't I heard this somewhere before?
                              Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2008, 11:03 AM.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X