This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers cannot read signs!

Just went and bought Evil Dead 2 (OH YEAH) and was having a nice fat chat with the the chaps that work at the DVD/CD store, when this caught my eye

Yes, that is the skip button for listening to CDs. However, the customers don't seem to notice that and keep asking the Counter Guys to skip to the next track for them
    Attached Files
    The report button - not just for decoration

Ya gotta admit, it's a bit freaking weird to make the centre, big red, button the skip. That just screams STOP to me. I would've thought that one on the right t'were the skip.

At least, until the bits in pen were added.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      Ya gotta admit, it's a bit freaking weird to make the centre, big red, button the skip. That just screams STOP to me. I would've thought that one on the right t'were the skip.

At least, until the bits in pen were added.
      There's only one button there... that "one on the right" is a screw holding the platform down
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Thing is, that button was always labelled "Skip". The arrows and "oooh button" were added later
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I don't get how you COULDN'T press that...

I mean it's a GIANT SHINEY RED BUTTON!

That just screams "PRESS ME!" I'd hit it just to see if it would like... cause something to blow up.

Comment

sad thing, it could be a glowing bright neon lit button, but if the person DOESN'T want to see it for whatever reason, said person will somehow not see it. Learned that lesson in grocery, any of our signs could be flashing and pointing to said item on sale and they would still not see it so yes....Its that mindset of coming in already shut off from reality thing.

Now me, on the other hand would press the button because its shiney like Grin said. heeheeheehee

Comment

Oooh....shiny red button. I wonder what it does.

Comment

That's really a creative idea. Got a laugh out of me.

Course, I'd be the person pushing the button maybe a million times because it's a button. And red. And shiny.

Comment

Any other Who fans hearing 10's 'big red button' speach right now?

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                    There's only one button there... that "one on the right" is a screw holding the platform down
                    Ah. Hehheh. Mmmm ... okay.

I'd probably still buy that 50% of customers thought it meant STOP even though it said SKIP on it. Big red button = stop. Red = stop. It's universal.

... and easier than reading a whole four letters.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                      Ah. Hehheh. Mmmm ... okay.

I'd probably still buy that 50% of customers thought it meant STOP even though it said SKIP on it. Big red button = stop. Red = stop. It's universal.

... and easier than reading a whole four letters.
                      I thought a red button = world blows up?

...dang

Comment

I saw one once that would shut off the internet. But I was afraid to press it.

Comment

Maybe instead label it "Self Destruct - Never Use!"? Then people would be pressing it all the time to see what happens. XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            Maybe instead label it "Self Destruct - Never Use!"? Then people would be pressing it all the time to see what happens. XD
                            if only
                            *imagines that when said button is pressed, person self destructs instead* probably too cruel

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                              Any other Who fans hearing 10's 'big red button' speach right now?
                              *raises her hand*
                              "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
                              Or my Webcomic!

Comment

Working...
                              X