This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with you!!!!

I had to print off some CV stuff today for a job interview for tomorrow.

Its rather difficult to find a place in London that lets you print off stuff, ive been to eight cafes around me and none of them will let you print.

I was in London Bridge today and found a place on the net in Waterloo that printed off stuff YAY !

I walk up to the shop and theres a guy at the door, I ask if they have internet (yes) and can I print stuff (again yes)
    So I step into the shop and see that im the only one there, hmmmm, as im new to the area im still on code red alert for anything untoward that might be happening around me.
    Im a female alone in a strange city I have to be extra careful in whatever im doing and where ever I go.

As I walk into the store, the guy shuts and LOCKS the only door into the store
    Immediately I wheel around on my heel and march back to the door and demand he open it up this second while looking around for something to smash through it if I need to ... its amazing how fast your brain starts thinking in these situations!

The guy explains that hes just going to use the staff bathroom and will unlock it as soon as he is done.

So I pull out my cellphone and think of who I can call.... its not a emergancy and given I dont know the number for england (I think its 999) I cant do that
    I think about calling Raps but hes a long way off... who else

I finally call K in Canada where its 3am.... real smart kiwi who isnt answering

while I do this I walk over to a computer and start rushing to print off the stuff I need, I see a door swing open behind from where im sitting and I see the guy PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN AND WATCHING ME!!!!!

by this time ive finished printing off and have logged off the computer and I walk to the till. The guy washes his hands and then hocks up a luggie... LOVELY

he comes over and I pay and as he unlocks the door he smiles and says thanks see you soon

I turn to him and say in the most cutting voice I can muster

"I wont ever be back here after what you just did, your disgusting" and move my tail out of the store at lightning speed

I dont even know if I should report him!!! But I know one thing, thats one internet cafe I will NEVER be back at printing or not!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I don't blame you at all! That is disgusting! I would certainly report that! Get the phone number though. No need to risk going back in there again.

Comment

Oh, that's just so icky. *shudder*
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Good LORD that's disgusting!!!! Mind telling me where that is? (I'll be in London in a couple of weeks) I'd have run down a bobby to have the guy charged with lewd behaviour.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

How to win customers, internet cafe style.

There is an internet cafe that lets you print at Picadilly Circus, jic you need another one.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

That's just disgusting.

FYI there is also on Oxford St plenty of internet places that do printing as well.

Good luck in London I had a fabulous time there and never had anything bad happen to me, even when I was stumbling home drunk. Have fun and enjoy it.
            Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
              Good LORD that's disgusting!!!! Mind telling me where that is? (I'll be in London in a couple of weeks) I'd have run down a bobby to have the guy charged with lewd behaviour.
              I have to second the lewd behavior. I'd have been on the phone to 911 reporting it. I completely agree with you that I would have been panicking as well if I'd been locked in with no way to escape.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Just for reference, the emergency number in Britain is indeed 999, and for the rest of Europe it is 112. I think Britain is phasing in support for 112 as well.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  Just for reference, the emergency number in Britain is indeed 999, and for the rest of Europe it is 112. I think Britain is phasing in support for 112 as well.
                  112 will be accepted in all locations by all phones (in the UK, it has been so for some time). If you are able to lock your keypad on your mobile phone both 112 and 999 will be able to be dialed.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

EWWWWW I'm so glad I'm here and not there. Both may be under the same Queen but at least these ones have a bit better manners.

Comment

I would have screamed, yelled, shouted fire, broke a window, wheatever. Creeps like that can and will do anything. Glad you made it out ok!
                      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Working...
                      X