This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stopped an SC from going thermal

Went to WalMart Saturday to buy a bread machine. Monday it dies a horrific death. Every time it tried to knead the bread, it made the sound of gears stripping. Called Sunbeam and sure enough, it's time to take it back to Wally World.

So Tuesday (yesterday) I'm in line at the Customer Service Desk contemplating the fact that out of 4 registers at CS, only one is open. Come to think about it, there are only 6 registers out of 36 open at 7pm. Typical.

So I'm waiting in line behind a guy returning a pair of shoes that had the heel separate within four hours, a women cashing her check and a woman with a sewing machine. She and the woman behind me are the principle characters in this drama.

The woman with the sewing machine (hereafter SMW) has a real complaint. Our Walmart handles returns by just refunding you the cash right there and then on a gift card so you're not waiting in line for another hour to get checked out with the return. Not a bad idea, but the woman has a problem. The sewing machine is no longer on sale. Her argument was that she had bought the machine at the advertised price and if it hadn't broken she would be enjoying it at that price. She politely stated her case and asked if she could have the price overridden to what she paid for it and what is currently on the gift card.

Woman behind the counter agrees, but she needs a manager to process it.

Now is where the Bitch Queen From Hell (BQFH) behind me lays into the SMW.

BQFH screams "Why can't you just pay the goddamn $20 and let the rest of us process our returns? I'm in a mutha-[smurf]in' hurry!"

SMW looks mortified and says "But I don't have the $20 and I need the machine to finish my dress."

Back and forth, back and forth. Mind you, the manager is walking from the rear of the store (super-Walmart) and is only going to be three minutes or so. Finally the SMW woman gets tired of defending her position to this Charlie Uniform November Tango, and tells her to mind her own [smurf]ing business and shut the [smurf] up.

Now the BQFH is winding herself up to launch a physical attack. You can see it...it's like watching a cat getting ready to pounce. All this woman needed to do to look just like my cat would have been to shake her butt just before take off.

Before she launches, I turn around, draw myself to my full height and spread my arms out wide and calmly state. "Ma'am, you know full well that if it were you, you'd be asking the clerk the same thing. The manager is coming now and all she has to do is to scan her ID card when the system asks for manager's approval. One beep and it's done. You will wait just like the rest of us.

Manager walks past, another Walmart associate pulls me aside and takes me over to one of the other registers and processes my exchange. I get told thanks for defusing the situation. I get a new machine, one that works and all is good.

AS for the BQFH? Sadly nothing happened to her either. I guess since it didn't come to blows someone decided "no harm, no foul". If I wasn't in the middle of the two and likely to have been caught up in the almost furball, I'd have just let the two duke it out and let security deal with it. But I REALLY didn't want to get between two pissed off women when they want to fight. They fight mean.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Good job on defusing the situation. I always seem to make them worse.

Comment

I'm in a mutha-[smurf]in' hurry!
      Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows not to go to the CS desk at Wallyworld if they're in a hurry. Geez.

Good job on helping keep things in control though. I wish more people would do that instead of looking the other way.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Good for you knowing to call the manufacturer before taking it back to the store. I wish ppl at the hobbyshop had your common sense.

For a lot of the products that I sold, the manufacturer wouldn't let us take the item back. We could have lost our liscense to sell said product if we did.
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

thats crazy...it seems like this queen bitch from hell didn't like someone telling her to shut the f*fk up back and mind her own business. *sigh* thats always the case..they can dish it out but when someone dishes it back they just can't handle it too well.
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I agree. I've never understood the sort of mindset that causes people to spew verbal abuse and expect it to be ok...but will be totally outraged, and possibly escalate the matter to physical violence if the person they just verbally abused dares to show equal disrespect back.

I always mirror the respect I'm shown. I've only been in eight fistfights in my life (I'm 33, and four of them were in elementary school) but my last three have been with people who have shown extreme disrespect to me, but started throwing punches at me when I offered them the same level of (dis)respect back.

Comment

Working...
            X