Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, the elevator is deliberately inconveniencing you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the elevator is deliberately inconveniencing you.

I have to post this. This girl was so SC without being in a setting for customers that I just know she's bitched and moaned at poor employees about stupid things in every place she's been to.

I still can't quite make five flights of stairs without feeling incredibly dizzy, so I was waiting for the elevator on the first floor to ride up to my class yesterday. I hit the button and settle in, knowing that since the building is rather old, the elevator's going to be slow. There's still 15 minutes until class starts, so plenty of time to wait.

Up behind me strolls this little troll of a girl, and she proceeds to press the up button repeatedly for a minute at a rapid pace. I roll my eyes. After another minute, she starts complaining.

"I can't BELIEVE this thing takes so LONG! I've never had to wait this long for ANYTHING. Oh my god I just can't believe this! Can you believe this?" Being the only other person in the hallway, I thought to myself...surely she wasn't addressing me. I turned my head. Oh, oh yeah, she was. "Can you absolutely BELIEVE this?" she asks again.

"Yes, yes I can."

She didn't like my answer and went back to huffing and puffing to herself. And wouldn't you know...she got off on the second floor.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Quoth marty View Post
    She didn't like my answer and went back to huffing and puffing to herself. And wouldn't you know...she got off on the second floor.
    Well of course. You didn't expect her to walk did you?

I have bad knees so I was told to take the elevator when available, but for 1 flight even I would take the steps.

Comment

Dancing around impatiently like she was, I doubt any part of her body warranted riding the elevator up one floor.
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Fidgeting burns calories. Makes me wonder how many she burned with her annoyed impatient act, vs how many she'd have burned going up the stairs to the second floor...

Comment

Working...
        X