This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which Azeroth pwns the Gangsta.

For whatever reason my sister in law and brother in law decided to go to their highschool's football game today. Unfortunately their car broke down and they needed a lift so they called me up. I dutifully tied down the 2 year old demon that looks like my husband and went to get them.

Mind you, it's gorgeous out today. So of course you'll have people blaring their stereos. I myself love to do this on the back roads and highways. You know where there is no one around for miles to be offended by my music for some reason.
    When in areas with small kids (like a football game) and when I have my son with I make it a point to play the list without any of the more adultish tunes. Nickelback's Animals is a great tune and I love it, but I am not going to have small kids listening to it and asking their parents why a girl would have her head between a guys knees.

So we get there as the game lets out and there is this wannabe gangsta blaring some music that children really should not hear. His car is not even moving, he left it running while chatting with his buddies. I seriously want to know what his parents think of this with gas being 4 bucks a gallon. My main issue though was the music.

His music literally has the F bomb as every other word just about. Last thing I want my son (who has started repeating things) to start saying.

So I do the only real thing I can. I crank my music while I wait for my in laws to get out of the sea of people. The song playing is Legends of Azeroth, which is an orchestral tune with alot of drums and horns. For you WoW players out there it's the tune that played for the log in screen before BC. Yes I am a terrible geek hush.

Apparently my speakers are alot better then this kid's. Cause he was looking ticked when he couldn't hear his tunes anymore.

Sure I might have been immature and kinda mean about not letting karma bite him. I'm sure karma doesn't mind a day off though once in awhile.
    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Occasionally, we have to help karma along.

Very well done.

Comment

Well played.

Now that it's gettin close to windows-down weather, I'm sure I'll be adding a bit of treble to a few "gangsta" bass lines with my jrock.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Good job!

My mother once did that at a traffic light. We were on a 6 lane road and the cars on either side were having what basically a music war. (as one would raise the volume on their music the other would raise it higher.) So she put on Sandi Patti full blast.
        She won!

Comment

Being in South Florida, I see tons of idiots with their big speakers and sound systems sounding like utter crap complete with their crappy music selection. Mamadrae, I you for delivering such great ownage to the wanksta and his so called music.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
            Good job!

My mother once did that at a traffic light. We were on a 6 lane road and the cars on either side were having what basically a music war. (as one would raise the volume on their music the other would raise it higher.) So she put on Sandi Patti full blast.
            She won!
            Ah yes, I know that one to. Someone did that about a year ago to me and I swear I heard a faint pop. Suddenly they had no more bass.
            I'm not entirely sure, but I think they broke their speaker.
            "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Mamadrae thou art my hero(ine)!! I hate to blaring boom boom cars that feel the need to deafen everyone within a 12 block radius...

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              Well played.

Now that it's gettin close to windows-down weather, I'm sure I'll be adding a bit of treble to a few "gangsta" bass lines with my jrock.
              Holy frek, I had an instance where some idjit who lived below me kept blaring the annoying Mariah Carey Glitter CD at ALL hours. My response was to pop in a playlist of UVERworld, Do As Infinity, Phantasmagoria, and Abingdon Boys School and let 'er rip. And then sing along!!

otakuneko, we must compare music lists. I love jpop and jrock. One of the saddest days of my life is when Do As Infinity broke up...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                Holy frek, I had an instance where some idjit who lived below me kept blaring the annoying Mariah Carey Glitter CD at ALL hours. My response was to pop in a playlist of UVERworld, Do As Infinity, Phantasmagoria, and Abingdon Boys School and let 'er rip. And then sing along!!

otakuneko, we must compare music lists. I love jpop and jrock. One of the saddest days of my life is when Do As Infinity broke up...
                Not the same thing at all, but I won't have enough material to start my own thread.... In college I had a dorm near someone who was from overseas and didn't have a great grasp of english. Possibly because of that, the only cd he owned was the Grease soundtrack... and he'd listen to it every morning as he woke up and prepared for school.

It's pretty horrifying to wake up to that "Tell me more, Tell me more" song.

While we're on the subject... Grease's subject matter really isn't appropriate for non-adult listeners, but there's a lot of people who don't seem to notice or understand. (offtopic: someday I'm going to make a webpage about known songs throughout the ages that are more vulgar than rap)
                Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth wildkard View Post
                  While we're on the subject... Grease's subject matter really isn't appropriate for non-adult listeners, but there's a lot of people who don't seem to notice or understand. (offtopic: someday I'm going to make a webpage about known songs throughout the ages that are more vulgar than rap)
                  This is why alot of the songs on my "Kid Friendly" play list are orchestrals. No singing means no lyrics to insult or play backwards for demonic messages.

Comment

I choose Elton John when performing this maneuver. Works beautifully.
                    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Just last week there was one of those cars driving around, the kind that blares music at 500 decibels for some insane reason, making everyone within a one mile radius go deaf and is so loud you can feel the pressure waves. Those cars give me instant headaches from the pressure waves.

Usual jerkwad, right?

Not quite.

This one was playing Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

Comment

Last time I ever got in a music war with someone at a light, it was some sorta screamo music versus my One Winged Angel.

Guess who won.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                          Last time I ever got in a music war with someone at a light, it was some sorta screamo music versus my One Winged Angel.

Guess who won.
                          Awesome.

All I have right now for blaring is my Country station, though I haven't yet had to use it. Some day, I'll have a car with a built in CD player (or have an mp3 player to hook up to the speakers), and then my Country music will be augmented with game tracks, plenty of jpop and anime music, a teensy bit of Alternative, and a nice smattering of Celtic and similar music. Oh yeah.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Manheim takes on Disney
                            Vitamin Stirng tribute to No Doubt, Gothic Wedding, Anti Valentines (string quartet versions of No Doubt, Emo, some metal / known songs)
                            Everytime I get to a light with the top down and someone is being a jerk I pop one of them in and turn it up. Several times I have had them take a moment to realize what my music actually was and they like it. They turn theirs down to listen.
                            I am debating ordering Vitamin Music tribute to Slim Shady - not sung as rap - but as lounge style.

It does bother me that other drivers have a hard time being respectful of others. Great you own and enjoy music with a Parental Lyric Warning Label. That doesn't mean that you should blast it for others to hear. Lack of maturity crosses all boundries . . . age, gender, ethnicity, religion, vehicle choice, etc.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post

Guess who won.
                              Depends. Which version of One Winged Angel? You have the orchestral, the original, the beat heavy techno, and (my favorite) the Advent Children version.

Personally I also love playing Dancing Mad when going this. Particularly because I can time my face insane face to Kefka's laughing. I have freaked out so many people doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X