X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registers will magically open!

MY ASS!

Friday mum and I were doing a massive shop. My kitchen Tea was on Sat, and we needed the supplies.

We get to the registers, and there is two open out of the 12, as well as the express.

We were lucky, and get in line behind one woman who is almost done. As we line up another woman comes up. BUT instead of standing behind us, she comes in on an angle next to us in an attempt to push in. Mum wouldn't have a bar of it so straightened up and glared at the woman, who walked off with a scowl.

Then another woman walks up. By this point there are about 4 people with large trolleys behind us, and the other lane is chockers as well. The woman looks around, then yells at the check out chick "open more registers now! Why are there no other registers open!"

The check out girl just looks at her, looks at us, then looks at the lady again. The lady repeats her rant a little louder then joins the line in a huff.

Look, I know it's annoying when there are lots of people and no registers! But WTF! the check out chick can't magically pull more employees out of her ass to open up more registers!
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

I can't begin to tell you how many times that happened when I was working at the pit of hell. Thank you for having a brain and realizing that it sucks majorly for the cashier too.
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I have never understood people's need to be served RIGHTNOWORELSE!!!11!!eleventy!! Cutting in line is never cool.

No one enjoys waiting. 99% of us have somewhere to be. Everyone who is up there got there before you did, snotbucket. As a matter of fact, everyone who can be here is here! (This is mostly at Christmastime, but sometimes it's just Thursday.) Now sit there and wait your turn!

Apparently I'm still bitter from that happening to me. </hijack>

I'm glad you could tell that the cashier was trying. And extra bonus points to your mom for staring that lady down.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I could never figure out why SC's think that yelling at a cashier to have them open more registers is supposed to do anything. A cashier doesn't have any authority to do that so why yell at them?

Comment

I know sometimes, save for my big monthly shoppping spree, I go into a store and only have a few things that people will let me go ahead of them if they have large orders. sometimes they just glare as if daring me to ask to go ahead of them because of my one or two items.

when i hit the nice people that let me go ahead of their big order I thank them profusely, and hurry through my order (of course without hurrying the cashier), and go on my merry way.

when I get the other type, I just smile and browse the check out magazines and patiently wait my turn.

But then again I was brought up to have manners!
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            I could never figure out why SC's think that yelling at a cashier to have them open more registers is supposed to do anything. A cashier doesn't have any authority to do that so why yell at them?
            I think the idea is that the cashier will call someone with the authority to open another register. Someone who is in a back office or somewhere else so they won't know about the length of the lines in question.

However, in most supermarkets here, the cashiers will do this on their own initiative, so there's rarely a reason to remind them of it. Plus, yelling at them the way it was done in the OP is never a good thing to do.
            You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Working...
            X