This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two sightings in one day

My two were the grocery store and Burger King.

Grocery store

The courtesy clerk bagged every item in their own bag. I ended up with 13 bags. I had to rebag them when I got to my car. It was then that I noticed that I was missing an item, so back I went, groceries in hand to get it sorted out.

The clerks at the customer service counter argued that I could have simply ate the item. Sure, I downed 4 ProActive Supershots in the span of 3 minutes. I offered to let them search my car if they wished. Just as I'm about to say the hell with it and return all my food, the courtesy clerk comes bounding up and hands me the item that he forgot to bag. He even admits this. So the one who made the mistake owned up, while the customer service clerks were forced to look embarassed.

Burger King

After my shopping, I went across the street to the local BK to get dinner. I was too tired from the grocery store shenanigans to make anything.

I should have realized that the suckies were following me when I placed my order. I had to repeat it 4 times and each time, it became more and more wrong.

When I finally pulled around, it was read off right, but the total changed a few times. Then I was told to pull forward, my food would be coming to me. After waiting almost 15 minutes, I parked and went inside to see what was going on.

I walked into what can only be described as a madhouse. Customers were upset because they either didn't get their order, they received the wrong items or they had been overcharged. I discovered I fell into the last category as I was charged for an item I didn't order. The employees were just standing there as if they didn't know what to do and the manager was screaming at them to get to work. They still stood there. You'd have thought they'd never handled a dinner rush before.

It took another 15 minutes to sort the mess out, and even then I still didn't get it right (no onions, no tomatoes, light lettuce). The manager was apologizing left and right and eventually gave me not only the difference back but ended up refunding not only me but everyone complaining about their problems.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

That happened to me in a way before, the BK thing.

It was the first day of spring break and I was opening with one other employee (stupid GM couldn't write a schedule for sh!t). It was a smallish 10 screen theatre that really didn't do any business, so I figured we'd be ok.

Until.... you guessed it. He never showed up! I couldn't get him on the phone and I had to open. So, 100 kids/older people show up for films for the first set (usually, there'd be like 10-20, max). So, I'm trying to sell tickets and concessions and start movies all at the same time.

It got to the point where movies were 20-30 minutes late starting and, still, no employee. I couldn't get away to call anyone and there's was nothing I could do about all the bitching.

So, I finally gave up. I announced that every ticket was free and they could go to whatever they wanted. If they wanted concessions, they'd have to wait a moment.

I rushed upstairs and started every movie. Came back down and sold to whoever stayed. The employee showed up just after the madness stopped and we finished the rest of the shift without any problems.

That day sucked!

Comment

There was one BK that totally screwed up my order. I wanted a Whopper combo, lettuce, tomato, mayo on the burger and instead of a soft drink, i wanted to try the Oreo smoothie thing. After a 10-15 minute wait, I ended up with a Whopper with lettuce and tomato (no mayo), no fries, and a smoothie that hadn't been mixed very well. Unfortunately, not only was my order wrong on the reciept, I had to book it to get to work on time, so I wasn't able to get it fixed. I've never been back to that location.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

wow, I guess I've been pretty lucky with BK then... all I've had happen is have them not put cheese on when I ask for the whopper combo with cheese (but I'm not charged for cheese so no biggie) or the store on 21st south and redwood which will routinely close the dining room up to an hour early (but that's no longer anywhere near I work so I don't get the pleasure of stopping by after work to find it closed already)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

They never get my order right at BK

Veggie burger combo, no mayo, side salad with italian dressing, tea
          usually i get:
          veggie burger with only mayo
          fries with salad dressing on the side :S
          coffee

once i got was given a whopper, yes the "veggie" box was checked off on the paper wrapping.
          Otaku

Comment

There was a Rally's that used to get my order wrong about 50% of the time. I would go there and order something off the dollar menu, actually hoping for a mistake because the odds were good that I'd get a better, more expensive item. It was like a food lottery.

Nowadays that dollar menus have been replaced with the not as cheap value menus, it's not quite worth doing anymore. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Working...
            X