This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma Kicks a Camaro driver in the Can

I was driving back to the office today when I saw this dark orange Camaro wizzing in between cars, jumping from lane to lane and did one of the typical 4-lane exits as he went flying down the offramp.

Of course the light at the end was red, he was in the right lane so I went into the left lane (both turning right).

He looks over to me and starts racing his engine, obviously wanting to race. Of course, he's in a Camaro and I'm in a full sized van, it's obvious I wouldn't have a chance (don't worry, I wouldn't race anyway, I'm not into that).

He's screaming cat calls at women walking past and crossing the street, revving his engine, making his car "jump" a few inches waiting for the light to change.

The light changes and..

he stalls his car.

Here I go, leaving the intersection while he has a line of cars all beeping their horns at him.

I laughed my rear of most of the way home but I'm glad he stalled, if he had taken off like I expected him too, his rear end would have slid into my lane possibly hitting my work van.
    Last edited by draggar; 09-29-2008, 06:19 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I got to see some tool in a BMW do that on one of the parkway ramps. (This particular ramp narrows from two lanes to one, and is usually backed up most mornings.) This twit was trying to intimidate me into letting him in. Why he couldn't slip in behind me, I have no idea. Anyway, as we're slowly heading down the ramp, he started revving his engine,

That didn't last--as he was revving his engine...apparently his foot slipped off the clutch, stalling the car, and pissing off everyone behind him. I'm sure they weren't amused to his vehicle suddenly surging...and then suddenly rocking forward

Ultimate driving machine, my ass
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      You may invent whatever spectacular machine you so wish, however humans will always cock it up.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Well, BMWs are in fact fantastic cars. It's just that no matter how awesome the machine, it is only as good as its user.

Comment

After a Bauhaus show on Market St in San Francisco a bunch of us were standing on a traffic island waiting for the bus, a mixed group of punks and goths and such.
          A guy in a Ferrari pulls up to the light, revs his engine. We can't here what they're saying but he and his bimbette passenger are pointing in our direction and laughing.
          The light changes and ROAR...putt...putt...silence.
          I'm sure the sound of our laughter and catcalls, shouts of "All that money and you can't drive a stick?!"
          It was a great pwned moment!
          "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
          -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

I would definitely have taken a moment to slowly drive around the corner, smirking at him as he curses and screams at his stalled car, then laughed all the way home.

Karma is so beautiful sometimes.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I just have to point and laugh at people like that.

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Then go home and tell all your friends about it so we can point and laugh too. You're so wonderful.

<3
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That reminds me of my coworker Dylan. He is kind of like an American version of Fez from That 70's show.....picture just the nerdiest, horniest dork you can imagine.

He thought he was so cool because he bought a PT Cruiser with a huge flame on the side. It was a stick shift, and he had no idea how to drive a stick. So he decided to teach himself how to drive a stick on a brand newish car!

For days and days on end, we'd all laugh every morning as we were leaving the parking lot and he'd stall out constantly.

And then to make matters worse, I was behind him one morning, and he was starting to roll backwards at the stop sign.

Thankfully, he learned from that.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    He thought he was so cool because he bought a PT Cruiser with a huge flame on the side.
                    PT Cruisers are Dodge Neons with a bulkier, heavier body (with the accompanying lower gas mileage and poorer power to weight ratio).

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      You may invent whatever spectacular machine you so wish, however humans will always cock it up.
                      That, plus what happened later in the day, is why I said that. Same day, some idiot in a BMW went roaring by me on a slick road, apparently didn't see the stalled truck in the right lane, and screwed up in a *huge* way. He tried to stop...but slid right into the truck, taking out most of the front of his car.

I know it's not the car's fault, but BMW seems to be the vehicle of choice for assholes. Nearly all of them (locally) display similar antics on the highways. They all act like they have something to prove. Probably still pissed that a certain car magazine said that the Mazda Protege had "BMW verve for half the price." That magazine wasn't kidding either
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

And then to make matters worse, I was behind him one morning, and he was starting to roll backwards at the stop sign.
                        hills are hard. that and letting off the clutch too fast are the only problems I have after driving a stick for the first time

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          That, plus what happened later in the day, is why I said that. Same day, some idiot in a BMW went roaring by me on a slick road, apparently didn't see the stalled truck in the right lane, and screwed up in a *huge* way. He tried to stop...but slid right into the truck, taking out most of the front of his car.

I know it's not the car's fault, but BMW seems to be the vehicle of choice for assholes. Nearly all of them (locally) display similar antics on the highways. They all act like they have something to prove. Probably still pissed that a certain car magazine said that the Mazda Protege had "BMW verve for half the price." That magazine wasn't kidding either

I'll keep the BMW thank you. There's a reason other company's try to compare and pass themselves off as BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's Light.
                          Around here the assholes all drive big pick-ups.
                          Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
                            hills are hard. that and letting off the clutch too fast are the only problems I have after driving a stick for the first time
                            Who said there was a hill?
                            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I bet that guy was pretending he was driving Bumblebee.
                              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                              X