This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have been an SC today

GRRRRRRR this pissed me off. I went to lunch today where I always go (at least 3-4 times a week, which I think would make me a regular.) I usually order 1 of 2 things (or both) so it's not hard to serve me or remember what I usually have (although maybe not.) Anyways, I usually ordered a chocolate blizzard. I clearly indicated this when I ordered. Nevertheless, she gave me vanilla (not the end of the world, but since I'm paying, I should get what I ask for.) I said "I ordered chocolate." She counters "No, I clearly heard vanilla." Rinse and repeat a couple of times, before she offers "Well I can put some chocolate syrup in there..." (This is not even close to what I wanted. No amount of chocolate syrup makes it taste like chocolate ice cream.) I said "Well, could you just make me another one?" She rolls her eyes and says "Fine." I pay her and say "have a good day." No response. Idk if she was having a bad day or just wanted to be a bitch. However, I just kinda had to let it fester b/c: she was the manager, and the only higher up I could go to would be the owner, and she is his daughter. I think this may be the time I stop being a regular there.
    Bottom line: Since I'm paying for what I want, I should get it without the bitchy attitude, or so I think...
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd wait to speak to the owner when she's not around. If he knows you and your regular order he may support you.

I worked in my parents' restaurant and any negative feedback they got about me was summarily dealt with. He may not like it though, so if you're ready to leave just do so, don't do the usual SC rant, "Well you've lost a valuable customer!" silliness.
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

If I had been her, and heard you say vanilla I would have said so, and then apologize and make another one. You weren't a SC, you weren't rude or mean in anyway way, she was the one with the attitude.

Comment

I say this all the time. Simply hearing horror stories of EW and SC's does NOT entitle people to treat you badly and/or give bad service. If you screamed and whined AFTER getting what you wanted, then you were sucky. If you belittle or otherwise attack over an honest mistake, then you are sucky. Asking for what you ordered, being polite but insistant, is what you SHOULD do in situations like this.

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
          She counters "No, I clearly heard vanilla." Rinse and repeat a couple of times
          Nope... A more respectful thing to say instead of "I clearly heard vanilla" is "I'm sorry, I thought I heard you say vanilla", It saves time and less aggravation is involved in the part of the communication with customer and the server. You clearly had a nonsence manager (in which she clearly should have no entitlement to) mistreat you disgracefully. I actually REALLY feel your frustration tremendously in this situation in every single thing you mentioned. Now seeing as though you find that she is a Manager in a situation like this I would ask for HER Manager. But to show that you can't be in the wrong you would use politically correct words with polite words (leaving out urban slangs like "hell" "friggin" well you get the idea) as much as you can to show your honesty and respect as well as your unhappiness to explain your situation so that this person can rectify the situation immediately. The Manager would get her superior but whenever you get into another situation like this listen closely as to how this person does meet with your satisfaction. here's a situation

Customer: May I please speak to your Manager if you don't mind I appreciate it?
          Manager: I am the Manager
          Customer: I know that because I see the position on your badge can I please speak to the person who is in charge?
          Manager: I am in charge

Reading about this person's personality she is likely to use the rinse and repeat method that I stated above but in this situation.

Customer: May I please speak to your Manager if you don't mind I appreciate it?
          Manager: I am the Manager
          Customer: I know that because I noticed the position on your badge can I please speak to the person who is in charge?
          Manager: the person in charge of our chain in business is the District Manager in Home Office, you can get a hold of him I will gladly give you the number it's ***-4366

Now in this situation the manager handled it professionally

When you experience the Rinse and Repeat situation just turn your back and walk away (after paying of course) and find the phone number for the office in charge or whoever her superior is if you apparently can find out and say that this person is using the rinse and repeat statement.
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Yes, she was sucky.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think that was the reason why a DQ near where I work shut down. The people working there were bad at getting things right. I order one thing and one thing only when I go through the drive thru - a large vanilla cone. Not a small, not a dipped, not even a chocolate cone. A large vanilla cone.

I've had them not give me my change back, try to hang onto my debit card and even argue with me that I didn't give them the right amount - I knew exactly how much the cone cost - $2.25 with tax, so I always had it ready. I had one person try to hand me my cone before giving me my change, then give me a dirty look when I asked for my change back first. It's sort of hard to put your change away when you have one hand holding a slowly melting soft serve cone.

As for your blizzard, nah, no sc suckage there. Just someone who made a mistake and didn't want to own up to it.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

She was sucky, she could've said "Sorry, I thought I heard you say vanilla"....or something to that extent minus the attitude and eye rolling.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

She was sucky; you were not. I had the exact same thing in a cafe once. I ordered a jacket potato with cheese; I said it clearly. When it was brought to my table, it had beans not cheese. I said politely, "I ordered a jacket with cheese." She replied in a snotty voice, "No, you ordered beans." I replied, "Seeing as I don't like beans, I hardly think I would have ordered beans." Then I asked to speak to a manager who was very accomadating.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Yeah you're okay. Whether you asked for vanilla or chocolate it wouldn't have killed her to make another. Plus it is good customer service. She just didn't want to. This kinda stuff happens a lot. Ever notice how fast food places always take your money before you get something?

Comment

Yeah, not sucky for you to ask that you get what you paid for. And then you paid for a second one because of it... so no you weren't sucky at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X