Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usually, annoying everyone repels business.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually, annoying everyone repels business.

I copied and pasted my post from the Ultimate-Guitar Forums, I'll clear up the lingo for you non-musicians, explanations in italics.

Just last Saturday I was trying out a $100 bass at Sam Ash (Popular music store) (Brownsville was the brand name, went out of business, prices slashed, I have one of their guitars and I like it, so I thought I might try the bass), and I was playing quietly, because I suck and I don't want everyone to hear my suckitude.

Then, I hear it. I look in the direction of the noise, fearing that a rhythmic beehive was dropped in the store by the daily honey deliverers, only to find...a salesperson, playing an AC/DC riff on an out-of tune guitar through an MG (An MG is Marshall Amplification's line of amps to reach the masses, as they are very affordable, at only $600 USD or so. However, they sound like crap, which is why only kids who want a cheap amp with the famous Marshall name on it buy them.).
    With the crushing overdrive (A running joke on the UGF, the MG's distortion channel sucks, it sounds like a box of angry bees, hence the suspenseful buildup at the beginning of this paragraph) activated, no less.

I opened my mouth to shout, "TURN THAT BULLSHIT DOWN!", but stopped myself. I rather like this store, being that it's close, and the nearest GC (Guitar Center) is on the other side of the city. Screaming at the staff would probably only result in something unfortunate. So I put the bass down, got my strings (which required me to get 3 feet away from the idiot with the MG, joy and tribulation! ) and got out of there.

And that is the story of how I probably missed out on a damn good bargain.
    Last edited by Gawdzillers; 10-07-2008, 05:15 AM. Reason: Unnecessary language.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

haha I hate crap like that. the GC by me is fairly small so it doesnt seem to get too many idiots in there, but still if you can't play, dont make the whole store suffer.

Comment

Our local music store has a biiig sign where even salespeople aren't allowed to play with the amps, even the good ones, without specific permission, and only a few notes to test the amplification of it (you know.. making sure the amp.... amps?)
      also there's a written rule where there is to be no smoke on the water, or stairway to heaven, allowed to be played. you will literally be thrown out.
      "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Quoth Setsunaela View Post
        also there's a written rule where there is to be no smoke on the water, or stairway to heaven, allowed to be played. you will literally be thrown out.
        How about Freebird?
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Hahaha!! I would have loved that. I always carry my handy mp3 recorder with me, in case any good performances show up.

Unfortunately, by the time I get the darned thing set up, the best part is over. Thankfully, guys like that will ALWAYS indulge you with an encore.

Life is a comedy.

Comment

Working...
          X