X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went out...during the day!

And yes it was WalMart, but I digress.

I know this particular WalMart so very well. I had to only pick up a couple things, so amidst the pandamonium that is WalMart, I took side aisles & stuff to get my things. Then I jettisoned to the 20 items or less checkout. It is usualy a long line, but I don't care. It wasn't better then the others checkouts.

Just as I arrive and get in line, two old ladies park it behind me. Well, kind of they stand to the side with their cards blocking inbetween checkouts. Eventually they form a line. Just behind me is a lady with an EMPTY cart holding some kind of marker in her hand. The lady behind her (a friend) actually has things in her cart. Fine, whatever my mom always uses a cart because she has a hard time walking. The lady behind me parted ways with a younger gentleman (her son?) & he said something about pulling the car up and empty card lady says something about needing to go to customer service after this (I pitty them out of principle). I think son guy left for a reason...anyway...

I am standing there in line behind a guy who prolly had exactly 20 items. I don't care, whatever. I got myself a new haircut & I am in a good mood.

Until...empty cart lady behind me starts putting her cart "ever so gently" into my lower thigh over & over again. And, no, it's not like she has nerve problems...no she wasn't shaking. WTF was up with that. I put my basket I was using down and look over at her like "what the hell lady?" I glare at her & honestly I wanted to say something like, "Wanna see how far that cart fits up your ass?" But, I try to be a good person as opposed to evil youth of America...

She stops after my glare of disbelief and I get through & take off.

What was with the cart---thehippie abuse?

Oh, not to mention, just as I was trying to pull into get my hair cut I almost slam into a dumbass who decides that the lane she is in isn't going fast enough...or that she needs to turn or something (all the lights were red, however) & it's been snowing here for 2 days but this time... They swerve into the the turning lane as I was about to be there & I have to slam on my breaks and of course I skid to a stop and start pounding my stearing wheel because this move was horn worthy. My favorite: blind swerve without checking mirrors or blind-spots. I would probably be more incline to not care but 1 in 2 people in Montana do not carry any form of vehicle insurance (and yes it's illegal). And judging by this lady's POS, I could assume I would be the only one with insurance. Although, she would have gotten a very hefty fine...
    Last edited by thehippie777; 10-12-2008, 08:57 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

hippie, I know what your two mistakes are
    first you went out when Sol is in the sky... you should know that Sol has weird effects on people
    second, you went to wal mart... even I know that brings bad things
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Sol? What the heck is Sol?

His booboo was going to Wal-Mart. People go batshit crazy in that store for no reason at all.

And finally, what the heck are you doing out during the day? Won't you melt or vaporate or something?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I'm an amature astronomy (going on 10 years! Yay!) and never heard of it called Sol, but hey, who cares? But it seems to fit with the Wiki entries:

* the Solar system
        * A solar day on Mars
        * Sol Indiges, sun god in Roman mythology
        * Sol Invictus, sun god in Roman mythology
        * Sól (Sun), the Norse sun goddess
        * *Sôwilô, the reconstructed Proto-Germanic name of the s-rune, meaning "sun"

Learn something new everyday. (Translation: I need to brush up on my mythology )
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          I'm an amature astronomy (going on 10 years! Yay!) and never heard of it called Sol, but hey, who cares?
          Never? Wow...

Learn something new everyday. (Translation: I need to brush up on my mythology )
          Nah, just your science fiction.

Comment

lol hey EQ, fellow chick here btw. For some reason there are a lot of chicks that work desk. Poor Smiely gets outnumbered lol

You are right, all, why did I venture out during the day? Well, I went and got my man meds cuz he had a wicked bad cold.

LOL at the Star Trek reference...I loved/love that show...
            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Yay! Another girl front desker!

*hugs*

All the people on front desk I know personally are guys (how weird!) except for Virginia. But she got a new (higher paying) job at another hotel so I'll never get to talk with her during my shift again.

She's awesome; I always thought she was in her early 20s (from the sound of her voice) until she mentioned her grandchildren. Turns out she's 67!

Comment

Yay! Another girl front desker!

*hugs*

All the people on front desk I know personally are guys (how weird!)
                weird, considering unless the new guy I'm training this week actually shows up I'm the only guy desk employee at my hotel... unless you count one of the owners or manager filling in...

Comment

Really? Wow.

Comment

When I worked for <Hotel #2>, we had a guy doing night audit for a few months and a partimer doing a couple evenings each week. They didn't stay more than a few months during my two-year stint and all the other FD staff was female.

So, Smiley, you should consider yourself lucky. Rawr. On another note, the assistant desk manager of <Hotel #1> (yeah, I worked two hotels at the same time, oy) had worked there for a number of years. Great guy, and he was very gay. So you're still not ruled out
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                      -snip-
                      yes, but all the girls are already taken

and at least one has the BF that creeps me out... every time I see him I get the impression that he's giving me death glares as a reminder that if I even think of touching his girl I'm dead (which I wouldn't do anyway, but especially not with the death glare... my Mother seriously could learn from that guy )

OH and with the gay manager... I would so much rather have a gay manager than teh homophobic douche of a coworker that I used to have (the one that got fired for sexual harrassment... wow our shuttle drivers are such winners)

Comment

Quoth I8DaCookie View Post
                        Sol is the name of our Sun. Like how all the other stars in the sky have names, our sun has a name. I've only ever seen it used in Star Trek which is how I know what it is.
                        Yup, Sol is the name of our star. Interestingly enough, our moon is the only astronomical object that doesn't have a proper name.

Comment

I thought the moon was called Luna.

Comment

Quoth the toy guy View Post
                            I thought the moon was called Luna.
                            ditto, that's what I've always heard it called...

and as sci fi fans all know, when the first lunar colony is settled (some day smiley, some day) it will undoubtedly be called "lunapolis"

Comment

Ah, yes, the sun. I'm reminded of a Penny Arcade quote.

"YOUR STAR BURNS! I require frozen treats!"
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X