This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO not make eye contact

Okay my hubby says I'm too mean.We were at bigfoot to get drinks and gas.We'll standing there waiting to pay and theres this guy in front of us talking real loud.(you know the normal crazy guy stuff)Everyone is ingnoring him except my hubby.My hubby decides to say something nice to the guy.The man turns around and proceeded to start "oh yeah this weather is nice,the war is crazy,God is everywhere,he loves you."This man is nuts he won't turn around and respond to the cashier so he can get the out of of line and everyones face.This crap went on for at least 10 mins.Then we paid and went out to pump our gas.This crazy fucker got in his car and left and then 2 mins later he pulled next to my husband and started the crazy talk again.
    "god loves you, this iraq war,crazy shit"

My hubby got in the car and said oh my god what a crazy man.I told him that hes too nice.I said did you notice that me and everyone else was looking at the floor,not making eye contact.My hubby thinks I'm mean.I say no I just don't like to deal with crazy people,they autually scare me. And I have learned that the best way to avoid this is not to make eye contact with them.What do you guys think?

/me studiously looks at the floor, out the window, etc

Comment

Mean would be to tell the guy to shut up. Ignoring someone who is clearly crazy but not harming anyone is not mean, IMO. I would do the same thing.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Mean would be to tell the guy to shut up. Ignoring someone who is clearly crazy but not harming anyone is not mean, IMO. I would do the same thing.
        Agreed, and same here. I do it even with regular folks. Sometimes you're just not in a mood to make small talk, you just want to get your loaf of bread or gallon of milk and get the hell out of there, and the easiest way to do this is to just pretend like you're not paying attention to anything except your own little world. (It's okay, they know me in there! ) I won't necessarily ignore someone if they start talking to me in a nice way, but I'll do my best not to prolong the situation if I can help it.
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
        X