This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moron hits my car as I was leaving

Move if needed. I was leaving to go to dinner, and as I was driving down our side lot some idiot backed into my car! I'll spare you the specifics, but information was exchanged and insurance co's called. Guy's claim against me was instantly dismissed. My countercase against him took some investigating, but eventually the guy was deemed responsible and made to pay. He claimed that he had finished his turn and I was going around him and hit him. The problem with that was that the damage was to the driver's side of my vehicle and the right rear of his. The laws of physics trump the guy's story. It would have been impossible for my car to have hit his the way he had claimed. Long story short, my car needs repairs but I won't have to pay for it.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least you don't have to pay for it.
    A few months ago I was rear-ended in heavy traffic on the freeway. As my first accident, I didn't think to immediately get the license plate number and (long story short) we lost each other before we could pull over to exchange information. The damage was cosmetic but not inexpensive, and the accident was certainly not my fault.

Comment

I don't think the guy "lost" you in that case. I think he was trying to get away with causing the accident.

Comment

Oh of course it was YOUR fault. No matter what the law says, YOU were in HIS way! That's ALL that matters.

Comment

yeah like the time my aunt was backing into her driveway and some woman came flying around the corner too fast and had to swerve to miss her and wrecked a glass bus stop

the driver of course tried to blame my aunt for being in her way and not the fact that she was speeding. my aunt just ignored her and put away the groceries. police showed up for the report, and quickly sided with my aunt... especially when the driver started yelling at *them* too.

Comment

In my neighborhood, people always seem to forget that they're supposed to yield to traffic coming in from their right and for a long time now I've dreamed of just letting my car slide out in front of them and watch them go all "What the hell, man? Why'd you make me hit you?!??!" and then claim the insurance

I never got around to it because my cars brakes decided to... break I guess...

Comment

A friend of my mother's was parked on the side of the street when a car pulled past her, and then backed up and smashed into her.

Guy who hit my mom's friend said it couldn't be his fault as "I never look out my rear window when I back into my driveway, what were you doing parked there?"

Comment

Methinks the guy is trying to use ignorance/being f-ing lazy as an excuse for causing that accident. Who doesn't look when driving in reverse? How the hell did they even get their license? Thats just absurd.

Comment

When I was first driving I was backing out of a parking space at my local bank branch. Stopped, started to shift into drive and then felt the thud of being hit. I stop and think for a brief moment whether it was my fault, but then It dawned on me I was already at a complete stop.

So I get out of my car to this well dressed woman in a business suit wearing a bank name tag yelling at me about watching where I was going. There was absolutely no damage to either car and finally some guy piped up "Lady, you hit him." To which she responds, "Well it looks like there wasn't any damage anyway so I'll just let you go then." She gets back in her car pulls forward and then drives out of the lot leaving me just standing there for a few seconds going

Comment

I've only gotten in 2 accidents so far, neither my fault.....first one the woman just wasnt looking during her right turn (she had a red light). She was so sorry, I felt bad for her....insurance took care of it

Second one, a woman rear ended me on the highway (thankfully there was major traffic, we were going slowly....she hit me hard enough to make me hit the car in front of me....she claimed she'd pay for all of it, until she heard te quote.....then she lied to her insurance about when/where/many cars were involved (and the cop didnt take proper notes in the report) Thankfully, her insurance believed me (they were so nice I almost switched over!) and my car was fixed

Been in a few accidents as the passenger, and sadly, those time it was always my friends' fault. Meh.
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Don't want to threadjack, but the accident that happened to me about two months ago that I bitched about here? Turns out the driver actually did have insurance and she was covered. I'm annoyed in a way because I'll have to pay the deductible up front and wait to be reimbursed, but, most of all, it means she probably got her car back from impound and is now out there on the same streets, threatening other drivers with her stupidity.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        When I was first driving I was backing out of a parking space at my local bank branch. Stopped, started to shift into drive and then felt the thud of being hit. I stop and think for a brief moment whether it was my fault, but then It dawned on me I was already at a complete stop.

So I get out of my car to this well dressed woman in a business suit wearing a bank name tag yelling at me about watching where I was going. There was absolutely no damage to either car and finally some guy piped up "Lady, you hit him." To which she responds, "Well it looks like there wasn't any damage anyway so I'll just let you go then." She gets back in her car pulls forward and then drives out of the lot leaving me just standing there for a few seconds going
                        in most states if you where backing up you are automatically at fault, she was most likely hoping to hit you while backing up to get a nice insurence claim, but you where completely stoped and that blew he hope

Comment

Working...
                        X