Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know You're Scarred When Webcomics Piss You Off...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know You're Scarred When Webcomics Piss You Off...

As the user name implies, I've been out of the customer service scene for quite some time. But some wounds apparently never heal...

Saw a webcomic in which the main character is attempting to locate an item that she can't find at a store. Character calls customer service for the company and is informed that the item has been discontinued.

Character proceeds to scream/rant/eleventy at CSR before hanging up on her/him.

And yes, it's completely fictional. And yes, it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. And yes, it's hyperbolic for the sake of humor.

But no, I cannot bide SCs, even in cartoons.

In movies, when characters are rude to employees (fast food, movie theatres, any type of store...) I get annoyed! Who do they think is watching those movies?!?
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Have you seen Red Eye? A couple of EW customers totally get theirs in that movie. It's pretty sweet.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Which webcomic?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth sarahj View Post
          In movies, when characters are rude to employees (fast food, movie theatres, any type of store...) I get annoyed! Who do they think is watching those movies?!?
          SCs

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
          Have you seen Red Eye? A couple of EW customers totally get theirs in that movie. It's pretty sweet.
          haven't seen it... yet, but now I look forward to seeing it
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

smiley - check it out! start watching at 2 minutes 38 seconds for the comeuppance- hilarious! Or watch the entire thing and feel the urge to kill them rise

Just thought you'd be interested, though I love the movie (I <3 Cillian Murphy *le sigh* ).

Comment

I watched the clip and I have to say it's pretty accurate to our hotel staff are treated. I just can't believe that people really do treat others like that until I worked with customers.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                I just can't believe that people really do treat others like that until I worked with customers.
                Nobody ever does believe it until they experience it for themselves. Normal, decent people just cannot comprehend sucky people. My parents never believed the tales I told them of SCs. Not that they thought I was lying, but they just could not conceive of the sheer assholery that some people commit.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Nobody ever does believe it until they experience it for themselves. Normal, decent people just cannot comprehend sucky people. My parents never believed the tales I told them of SCs. Not that they thought I was lying, but they just could not conceive of the sheer assholery that some people commit.
                  It's a concept called "Groking" something. The term was coined by Heinlein, and means, basically, to know, comprehend, and understand something on an instinctive, intuitive, "things fall down when dropped" level.

Usually, but not always, you can only grok something if you've actually experienced it.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X