This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He died to make you mad.

So after my stepdad died, one of his lawyer friends took over with the practice to handle all of his unfinished affairs.

He said that more than once he had to respond to former clients, "Yes sir/ma'am, Mr. Johnson died from a heart attack just to piss you off!"

EWs, anyone?
    Would you like a Stummies?

Hoollllly .........I just...Yeah, I can't. Nope. Can't figure it. Brain go bye-bye.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

As sad as it is that he died, I love that his friend actually gets to use that line.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'd probably use the line, then fake a heart attack and drop the phone to make them madder.

Comment

Yeah, he started using that line after about the tenth phone call...I imagine he was a bit politer before he realized how many people would actually be like that.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
            I'd probably use the line, then fake a heart attack and drop the phone to make them madder.
            ahhh.. this is the biggest one i ever had ! ahhh Elizabeth I'm comin' to join you honey!

Comment

Better response:

"Actually, Sir/Ma'am, we believe his heart attack was the result of dealing with a very stubborn, demanding client and we are in the process of exploring legal recourse against them. May I have your name please? "
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I can believe it.

My grandfather was a dentist, and I'm sure my grandmother got those same types of calls when she called to inform them he had died, and they'd need to find a new dentist.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  Better response:

"Actually, Sir/Ma'am, we believe his heart attack was the result of dealing with a very stubborn, demanding client and we are in the process of exploring legal recourse against them. May I have your name please? "
                  Oh those were the people he was used to--he was a defense attorney and loved his job. He just also happened to take on a lot of the...crazier offenders.

Comment

Hmm, and I thought working during a store liquidation was bad when customers, upon hearing that I couldn't give an extra discount or offer merchandise for free because I'd be fired for theft, would ask why not since I was going to be out of a job anyway, yuk yuk.

I feel for the guy with the great oneliner. As cool as it is to say such an awesome comeback, I'm sure he suffered terribly each time he was pushed to that point.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I'm sure my father's work has to deal with that now. Before he died, he was a foreman/supervisor at a medium-sized HVAC company. He managed all of the job sites and made sure work got done. Unfortunately that also meant driving all day going to job sites around the state. It was kind of funny, at his service we saw all of the people he had known there and mused to ourselves, "Damn he must have pissed a lot of people off!".
                      Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
                      "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
                      "The queue is..."

Comment

I only had to see something like that one time. It was back when I had only just started working at the paper and was still kinda feeling out the place, when some bitching bridezilla crawled off the elevator and immediately started losing her shit because something was wrong with her photo, something this, she wants that, blah blah blah, whatever, help her NOW.

I had been helping another woman at the time when this hissy fit started, and before I could say anything, the woman I was helping stood up and got right in the bride's face and said "If you don't mind shutting up, this young lady is helping me fill out an obituary for my DAUGHTER right now you SELFISH BITCH."

I don't think I've ever seen backpedaling that fast in my life. Bridezilla peeled out of the newsroom as fast as she could go because the mother looked like she was about to eat her face off. And then, after all that, the mother actually apologized to me for losing her temper like that. THE MOTHER WHO LOST HER DAUGHTER. Just, wow.
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Real class has absolutely nothing to do with how much money you have. You can't buy it.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                          X