This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trashies

Am I the only one that sees these people?I call them trashies.Everyday I see these people all over the place. They collect newspapers,magazines,and anything else they can dig out of the trashcans.We have one guy that does this and he goes through all the machine coin return slots looking for change. This guy and a old woman are college professors. Why!!!!!!!don't college professors make quite a bit of money?

Two part answer:

Yes, I do see these people everywhere. We have to chase a particular fiend away from our trashcans outside because he'll strew the trash EVERYWHERE all over our walkway, then leave it there, as he shuffles off to the next bin.

Second part, it depends on what kind of college professor you are, and the terms of your contract. Some profs here at BSU only make a flat rate per class they teach, (i.e., they teach 2 classes in the semester, and only get a flat rate of, say, $3k/class) Tenured professors, I think, have to have published X number of articles/books to retain tenure, and what not. It really does depend, and most college professors I know have a second source of income somehow, either by lecturing at special seminars, or, in the case of my bone lab sup, she'll travel to central america regularly, to be the osteologist on record for specific archaeology digs.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
      Why!!!!!!!don't college professors make quite a bit of money?
      ROFL!!! Don't I wish!!!
      There have been numerous times I've been sorely tempted to stand at the corner just down from the school with a sign that says "<Local College> Math Professor trying to make ends meet. Please Help!"
      And I'm at the top of the pay scale!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
      X