This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, at Sam's Club...

So, as if last night was interesting today was even more so.

I went to Sam's today to do our monthly grocery run (yes I know; SO works at a grocery store, but I think for what we get, Sam's works better for us). I had an errand to run on St. Charles, so I went to this particular location. It's currently being renovated, so some of the parking spaces are blocked off. Which mean's parking is a pain in the butt right now.

Somehow I manage to score a really good spot, go in, do my shopping and an hour or so later, walk out with my purchases.

As I'm standing by my car, looking for my keys, I hear a car honk behind me. I ignore it as I think that someone is going down the wrong way again. People can't seem to follow the arrows. I find my keys and open my trunk and start loading. Another honk, this time longer and seemingly right behind me. I glance back to look and see some old guy in a huge caddy doing the wrap it up motion. I give him a "you've got to be kidding me" look. I can't lift more than 20lbs without hurting myself, and those cases of drinks can get very heavy. Add to that it's about 40 degrees, and my fingers are cold, I'm not going to be moving very fast anytime soon.

So I take my time, loading my car, and this guy continues to honk at me in short bursts. I continue to ignore him. A moment or so later, I hear a voice. Oh dear lord, the passenger in his car, in this case, his wife, has gone along to hurry me along.

Me: hello!
    Crazy Woman (CW): who else?

CW: Excuse me! Can you hurry any faster?
    Me: *stops mid turn with a case of Coke* What? I can only move as fast as I can. Did you notice it's cold and my cart is full? *after all, I'd just started loading my car, so yeah*
    CW: Well hurry! My husband doesn't have time to wait all day.
    Me: *sets the case of Coke in my trunk and turns back to her* Lady, in the time that you've decided to come up and bitch at me, and your husband has decided to be rude and honk his horn at me, you could have parked anywhere
    CW: Well...hurry!
    Me: *folds my arms and smiles sweetly* Tell you what. You find someone with +5 Packing Skills and Endurance to Elements to load my car and I'll be out of your way pronto.

The lady gives me a cat butt face, storms back to her car and slams the door as hard as she can. The next thing I know, the guy goes zooming past me, flipping me off as he does, narrowly missing my cart. I did manage to get his license plate number. I just wish there had been a police officer nearby to deal with this idiot and his wife.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Whipish! Awesome response, roll a D20 to find out if she got it.
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

You know what? Had that been me, we would have sat there until the Second Coming. He would have sat there so long the tires would have rottted off our cars waiting.

And when he finally did park and leave his car, I would have gone over there and carefully and evenly spread several jars of Skippy in a thick, uniform layer all over his windshield.

I know. I'm so 12 years old.

Comment

Yeah, if it was me, after I finished putting everything in the car/trunk, I would've sat on the trunk, took out my ipod, and just chill and rock out until they left(that way i wouldn't have heard them)
        Then wait after they drive away to make sure they park and go in, so they don't get the spot they wanted oh so badly

Comment

You know, if I'd had a d20 to roll intelligence, I'm sure it would have been at least a 3 or below. The joke comes between SO and myself, for whenever we go shopping at Sam's together, he does a kickass job of putting them items in my car. And being from 'Sconsin, he don't mind the cold as much as I do.
          Last edited by fma_fanatic; 11-09-2008, 12:31 AM.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Gah.. you gave me flashbacks to my time collecting carts. Seriously, people are so damn impatient, nowadays, either wait or find another spot. What's so hard about that? <Remembers Where he is> Oh, that's right.

Comment

Were it me, I'd have said to her "I'll be done as soon as I can" and taken my sweet time packing it in. Once it's all in I'd close the boot, check I had everything, and head back into the store for the "other purchases" I needed.

Comment

When that happens to me, I finish putting everything away, lock my car up, and then start walking back towards the store. (O course, you need to be careful if you do this, lest they decide to vandalize your vehicle)Yep, I'm evil

What really irks me is when people do this and the person they're trying to rush is a lady with several small children and a baby in tow, with an overflowing cart of stuff. Ditto for older folk with arthritis.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

If this guy's as old as you say he was, he probably DOES have all day since he's probably retired.

Unless he's got terminal cancer or something.

Humanity: I'm really disappointed in it.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    I know. I'm so 12 years old.
                    And so am I. When I finished S-L-O-W-L-Y loading the trunk I would sit in the car, slowly buckle my seatbelt and start the engine. Wait until the car gets nice and warm and once that's done, I would adjust my radio.

oh! There goes my cell phone! Better not drive while talking on it! Oh Hi Mom!

Did they leave yet? Yeah?! Wait... wait... Did they go into the store? Booyeah!

Carefully let the air out of their tires.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Carefully let the air out of their tires.
                      Dammit, EQ!
                      Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 11-09-2008, 05:37 AM. Reason: stupid thing
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I know that SC's exist in the STL/St Charles area.. but wow, that takes the cake.

I would have told him to load it for ya lol

If he was dumb enough to do so, report him for "theft" of your property and report the license plate number..

or...

"I'm not going to finish. You'll have to pay me to do so. Otherwise, go take your Entitlement Whoremobile and park somewhere else."

Regardless, you played it well
                        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Yeah, I hate the parking vultures.

Although I think you should have asked "Will you help me load my groceries? No? Then shut the f*** up and wait like a normal human being."

That or they would have said yes and helped you.

Yeah, who am I kidding.

And I so would have taken my sweet time getting in, getting settled, and playing with the radio to find just the right song to listen to before I left.

12 years old and holding for the past 20 years.

Comment

Not to mention that these asshats are usually the ones that don't leave you any room to back out of your space!

And I've done the "Oops, I forgot something. I need to go back in the store!" They get sooooo pissed!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The last time I got vultured like that, I had just gotten into my car, and someone was blocking traffic waiting for my spot.

I was in a pissy mood as it was. So I turned on the car, fiddled around with all my CDs carefully deciding which one I wanted to listen to, dug around for my lipgloss, carefully applied it, then decided I needed to touch up my nose with some powder and oh....hmmm forehead a little oily, better fix that.....oh wow is that a piece of gum in the bottom of my purse? Sweet mmmm yummy....oh wait wait....better check to make sure I didn't leave my credit card at the store, oh there it is! Hmmm what now, oh I think I need a cigarette......well mercy me, this windshield is taking forever to defrost, and the back is taking even longer....my my my.

Some people are so damn lazy. And I wasn't even parked in an ideal spot.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X