Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome coffee shop guy totally owns an SC!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome coffee shop guy totally owns an SC!

This one is my husband's sighting, not my own. But I made him swear to its veracity.

The scene: Husband is in line behind a woman at our local coffee shop (Timmy's, for all you Canadians reading this). The woman is the SC. The employee serving her we'll call Awesome Guy (AG). AG is my husband's favourite employee at this shop. He's always super-friendly and efficient, and will joke around with you a bit if he's not too busy.

AG: What can I get you?
    SC: *mumblemumblemumble*
    AG: I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Gets awful loud in here during lunch rush.
    SC: *mumblemumblemumble*
    AG: I'm terribly sorry, but you're going to have to yell at me. I won't mind! (gives SC a big winning smile)
    SC: (at the top of her lungs now) OH, FOR GOD'S SAKE! POPPY-SEED BAGEL! (starts to spell it all out) B....A....G....E....
    AG: That's fine, ma'am. I got it.
    SC: I'm so SICK of people not understanding my accent!

For the record, my husband could not hear even a trace of an accent. None.

AG: Well, I'm finishing up my PhD and I'M sick of people spelling things for me.

The woman didn't say anything else, she just slunk down to the end of the lunch counter to pick up her bagel.

AG (to my husband): The usual?
    Husband: C...O....F....F....
    AG: (smiling) You think you're pretty funny, don't you?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

That was beautiful... B-E-A-U... <Ducks any thrown objects and flees>

Comment

Ooooh look, how cute! Another one who thinks she's so much better and smarter that she has to spell for the dumb little employees!

It would have been even better if he'd said "And here's your B A G E L you C U N T R A G!"
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Some people.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

P-W-N-E-D.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

B-E-A-utiful.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
              B-E-A-utiful.
              Damn, you beat me to it!

Now I'm gonna have go go watch some Jim Carey.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

You know, I've never understood why "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the noise in here, could you repeat yourself a bit louder please?" always seems to translate to, "I'm dumb. Spell it out for me." I've had my share of customers do the same thing, where they mumble, mumble again when I ask them to repeat themselves, and then scream it in my face with accompanying spelling. Apparently they only have two volume settings: incomprehensible and wake the dead.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X