This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the guys

So I have a question for the guys out there....
    So I work out at the gym 3-4 days a week.Anyways I'm on the treadmill and I've noticed that the guys are in some "bigger" penis contest.They left a weight for 5 mins and then stand and pose in the mirror and watch the other guys.Or they just stand there staring at themselves as they hold or lift the weight. They don't really lift weights for very long.So my question is...is there some contest going on or are these guys just really vain?

Sounds like vanity & stupidity to me. So if some moron works out for 5 minutes & then poses for the next hour then he may as well be walking down the runway in some Paris fashion show where his vanity will be booed out the door...lol.

Comment

o gawd, for a moment i thought they were actually comparing sizes right there in the mirrors....

though perhaps that isn't far off ....

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        o gawd, for a moment i thought they were actually comparing sizes right there in the mirrors....
        oh, so this happened at 24 Hour Fitness
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

umm, that's just stupid, the point of lifting weights is to build muscle, not look at yourself in the mirror

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
            umm, that's just stupid, the point of lifting weights is to build muscle, not look at yourself in the mirror
            Yeah, but these guys were all wanting to see how much muscle they'd built, and look pretty for the ladies.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

If you're looking to bulk, then only 5 minutes isn't so unusual, 3 sets of 8-11 reps with a high weight, and watching yourself whilie lifting the weight is a good way to check if you're doing the movement correctly.

However, staring at yourself after you're done is just being vain.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
                I wonder what they're thinking to themselves as they're checking themselves out.

"Yeaaaahhh, I'm living' large now! After all these years I finally get to be the guy who bangs my wife. Won't she think I'm lookin' good now. Lookin' good killer, lookin' good. Now I'll do some bench presses, and actually put some weights on the bar this time..."
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They could be watching the progression of the muscles building. I do that sometimes with my legs in the Summer (I keep 10 pound weights on my feet).

Like EQ, I don't tend to keep mirrors in the house and when I catch my reflection sometimes I just gotta LOOK because I forget what I look like.

I know, I'm odd.
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Depending on how long they're staring, they could be checking to make sure their arms or each side of their chest is growing evenly.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                    X