This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told to me by SC (longish)

The guy who told me this was the SC in this story, and he knew it later.

He had moved to a new town to take a job, and that job was not working out. He was upset by this, and riding around aimlessly when he saw a couple of fast food restaurants in front of a strip mall. He parked, sat there for a while, then shut off the car and went inside the Wendy's. Being the lunch rush, he stood in line a long time, silently thinking about the new job, the suckiness of having moved and then not liking it, the general decline of the universe, etc.

He finally ordered, got his order, and went out to his car. When he unwrapped and bit into his sandwich, the meat was still frozen. Somehow, in the rush, an uncooked chicken breast had been wrapped and put in his bag.
    His final straw breaks. He decides that this problem is something to be handled forcefully. He storms into the restaurant, bag in hand. Looks at the line snaking through the ropes and decides he is not waiting. He makes a scene. Everyone in the restaurant is watching as he bulls his way to the counter. Once he forces his way to the front, he demands to see the manger on shift.

SC: " I just unwrapped my sandwich and it's frozen! You never cooked it! I want a new meal, some fresh hot fries, another drink, and I want it right F****ing now!"

The silence in the place is now total. Everyone has turned to see the outcome. The young, heavyset, pimply faced manager looks up and smiles. My SC friend said you could see the gears turning, because an opportunity like this is so rare. SC said that later he realized it was like the kid was lining up a laser sight on his forehead. The manager looked him, looked at his bag, looked up at him, looked at the bag, and smiled.

And then the manager spoke in a loud voice, while pointing out the window at the restaurant next door," You know what, mister, I'd like to help you. But this is Burger King, Wendy's is over there".

The customer in line behind him, the one he had shouldered past to get to the counter, delivered the final blow, by patting him on the shoulder and saying, "Well, I guess you told him!"

He said he stood there for a moment, looking up at the menus, finally realizing that in his anger he had walked into the wrong place. They shared a parking lot, and he parked in the middle, facing the road. The crowd of people was laughing, roaring, pounding on the windows. He said one of the lunch crew was laughing so hard they were crying.

SC can really tell this story, and I suspect I haven't done it justice. When I first heard it, I asked him did he go next door and try again? He said that he was so broken, he had just gone out to his car and drove away, went back to the office and quit.
    Last edited by ASM826; 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM.

Awesome. You hear these stories all the time but never actually know the individuals involved.

Comment

Can we say...OOOPS?

Comment

I feel so...conflicted.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Your friend wasn't really that sucky. A true SC would have gone to BK corporate and demanded that the manager and crew be fired as compensation for the humiliation the SC experienced.

Comment

... so i'm betting he started eating at BK instead of W after that

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              ... so i'm betting he started eating at BK instead of W after that
              aaaaand this is one of the reasons why I will go to BK instead of W...

BK error rate so far (.1% they got a size wrong once)
              W's (about 80%, have had everything from bad lettuce to wrong order.)

and that's in times when they're not all that busy around here. (about 9 pm)

well that and I can take a half an hour walk to the nearest BK. (literally right down the road) while W is well lets just say distance to BK tripled.

Comment

I've done something similar, although not as aggressive, my only defense was I had been driving for 3 days and just finished a 8 hour stint driving, but man you feel dumb when you realise what you've done.
                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Total mental ruination: It's a beautiful thing to behold.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Did he ever happen to go into a Gamestore right next to a cellphone place to yell about his phone bill...?
                    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Working...
                    X