This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherin I almost ask the forbidden question and others

So yesterday I was thinking of getting a new Xbox360... the place I went was sold out of the arcade edition and I was looking at the pro edition. Wasn't sure about paying the extra price... and I was very tempted to ask the sales associate (who coincidentally I think was Hawaiian Shirts ) if he had more *evil darkening of room* in the back
    But you'd be proud of me... I resisted and decided to research more online

Also in the last week I've seen appalling driving by Salt Lake standards even... People turning right out of center lanes... people parking in the left hand turn lane... people running red lights galore... and people wonder why I go to Wendover or escape into my video games... look outside on the streets and you'll see why... because the real world sucks.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Wasn't sure about paying the extra price... and I was very tempted to ask the sales associate (who coincidentally I think was Hawaiian Shirts ) if he had more *evil darkening of room* in the back
    But you'd be proud of me... I resisted and decided to research more online
    One way around that is if/when the sales person asks if they can help you, reply like this...

"I wanted the arcade edition but it looks like you're out of them. I'm not sure if I want to pay the extra for the pro version though."

If they're good, they'll offer to check the back or find out when more are expected in, rather than try to convince you to spend the extra.

Comment

But but but.. dintcha know, all retail stores have an extra-dimensional back room, holding infinite amounts of anything and everything you might want!

And ah yes, the holidays. Time to avoid the area around a certain mall here.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If you want to go online/save lots of games/play backwards compatible old Xbox games, go with the pro!

..I'm with you there otaku, I'm barricading myself in the house on black friday...
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          But but but.. dintcha know, all retail stores have an extra-dimensional back room, holding infinite amounts of anything and everything you might want!

And ah yes, the holidays. Time to avoid the area around a certain mall here.
          Don't forget the Ass of Infinite Holding

As for Black Friday . . . I"ll be at the Litter Box for a spell . . . and we'll be dead. So hopefully I'll get to catch up on my department for a change and get back stock run so I can order for Monday's truck (I'll take Saturday as my other day off.)

And no, I don't even venture near any department store on that day . . . what Christmas shopping I'm planning to do this year will most likely be done online around the first week of December. The most Mom expects to pick up may be a couple of little stocking stuffer items - otherwise she's planning to just let me order and stay out of the combat zone.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Just to point out, there's nothing wrong with asking if they have any more in the back. With Christmas coming up, it is feasible they've sold out the shelves and not had a chance to refill them yet. It's only if they say "No, sorry, we're out." and then you insist they check that you wander into The Land of Suck.

Comment

Also in the last week I've seen appalling driving by Salt Lake standards even... People turning right out of center lanes... people parking in the left hand turn lane... people running red lights galore...
              Wow...just....wow

I never thought I'd say this, but....that's more than the drivin' with the lawd that I saw when last I went through there (summer of '07)...

remind me to avoid that place like the plague... and not just because of Temple Square (though I would looooove to see if the Metaphysical shop I went to some years back is still there)

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
                Wow...just....wow

I never thought I'd say this, but....that's more than the drivin' with the lawd that I saw when last I went through there (summer of '07)...

remind me to avoid that place like the plague... and not just because of Temple Square (though I would looooove to see if the Metaphysical shop I went to some years back is still there)
                come now, Salt Lake isn't that bad, as long as you avoid Temple Square, North Temple, the cities of Murray and Taylorsville, lock you doors and bring mace in the West Valley, you don't come during an inversion in the winter or heat wave in the summer... oh hell, who am I kidding, this place sucks
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

So yesterday I was thinking of getting a new Xbox360... the place I went was sold out of the arcade edition and I was looking at the pro edition. Wasn't sure about paying the extra price...
                  OT, but I'd really suggest getting the pro version. The hard drive really comes in handy, even if you're not going to take it on-line. Many games are starting to support full or partial installs to the hard drive for reduced load times. Very handy. As you've mentioned, it costs more, but chances are you will want to buy one in the future.

I'm Geek King. Video Games are what I do.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I love my Xbox 360 Pro!

I'm sooo addicted to RockBand. So much so that hubby & I bought our Christmas presents to ourselves early this year....Rock Band2 and the AC/DC expansion pak. And no we're not wrapping them & putting them under the tree. We're already playing and loving them. The AC/DC is a fun new challenge...it's really hard to sing like you're constipated all the time! LOL!

Can't wait til the baby's born and I'm off physical activity restriction so I can buy and play Dance Dance Revolution! Besides being fun it'll be a good way to take off the extra weight I've gained.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      OT, but I'd really suggest getting the pro version. The hard drive really comes in handy, even if you're not going to take it on-line. Many games are starting to support full or partial installs to the hard drive for reduced load times. Very handy. As you've mentioned, it costs more, but chances are you will want to buy one in the future.

I'm Geek King. Video Games are what I do.

The arcade won't play regular xbox games, has no hard-drive, etc. The Pro now comes with 60gb hard drive instead of 40, should have a few games in the box, etc.

It's worth the hundred dollar difference. In other words what he said.

Comment

Give me an Atari 2600 and I'll be entertained for hours. I'm still trying to get my hands on one.

Comment

You guys may consider it sucky, but you never know if they actually do have a back room! Few months ago, I was kicking around Chapters (one of my favourite bookstores) and they were playing some really awesome music over the PA system. So I went to the music section and asked what it was. Chickie said it was Jack Johnson, whom I had never heard of, but really liked, so I went off in search of the CD they were playing. Not a single one on the shelf.... so I asked if they actually sold said CD. Girl said yes... I asked if they had any in stock, she said, "Well, is it on the shelf?" errr no, that's why I'm asking.

SHE WENT TO THE BACK ROOM!!!!! And magically produced a shrink-wrapped copy of the CD for me to purchase So I got my CD, she got rid of me, and everyone was happy once again.

Still seems idiotic to me for them to play CDs that are part of their store stock and not have any on the shelves, but the point is, they HAD a back room that had stock that wasn't available on the shelves. So asking helped in that case.
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                            Just to point out, there's nothing wrong with asking if they have any more in the back. With Christmas coming up, it is feasible they've sold out the shelves and not had a chance to refill them yet. It's only if they say "No, sorry, we're out." and then you insist they check that you wander into The Land of Suck.
                            /agree

Simply asking politely is fine. It might very well be that they indeed have extras in stock, particularly if the item is on a special sale. However, if they don't, no amount of whining, yelling, or chair throwing will make the extras magically appear in the stockroom.

Doesn't hurt to ask, however.

Comment

.............and people wonder why I go to Wendover................
                              You go to Wendover...........................on purpose???
                              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                              X