This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Lady In Store

This happened at work but didn't happen to me so I think that it belongs here. I was checking out this lady who was fumbling around with her money and trying to get it together. The lady behind her said that she would like to pay for her items for her so I took the money and rang out the sale. The other lady wasn't paying attention and asked how much she owed me and I said that it was already taken care of and that the lady behind her had payed for it. She turned to the lady behind her and said well that was stupid and walked away.

Her reaction was the one that was stupid.

Comment

I guess a "thank you" was too hard for her to say? Geez!
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Wait. Let me understand.

Lady had trouble paying, so lady 2 paid for her.

Lady decides to insult lady 2.

.... I hate people more and more.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Well, that made my faith in humanity drop even lower.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wait a minute, let's look at it from another angle. Was she fumbling with her money because she wasn't sure she had enough or was just having difficulty getting her wallet out?

Personally, I would be upset if someone made the assumption that I was looking for a handout. That whole pride thing going on ya know? Of course my reaction would have not been so brutal though either but if this truly was the case perhaps she just didn't know how to handle it while in the moment and is now regretting her choice of words.

Comment

What an ungrateful b*tch!!!

I think I would have been really tempted to say something back to her to put her in her place.

Comment

How about the customers who fight over who's going to pay, meanwhile the cashier stands there with a blank "please kill me now" expression? I've had customers act as though they're going to come to blows and it's all I can do to avoid taking money from both of them. I mean, if they're that eager to part with their cash, I'd certainly like some of it
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The only faith I have in humanity is that I believe I will get the worst behavior possible. If that doesn't happen I get a brief glint of happiness, then back to reality.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth PentUpRage View Post
                    Wait a minute, let's look at it from another angle. Was she fumbling with her money because she wasn't sure she had enough or was just having difficulty getting her wallet out?
                    She had enough money and it was sitting on the counter as she was trying to organize it. I think that the second lady was just trying to be nice.
                    As far as the second lady regretting her choice of I doubt it seeing that this was her being polite.
                    Last edited by MadMike; 12-18-2008, 04:23 AM. Reason: Trimmed the quote & fixed the tags

Comment

Quoth tigger222 View Post
                      She had enough money and it was sitting on the counter as she was trying to organize it. I think that the second lady was just trying to be nice.
                      As far as the first lady regretting her choice of words I doubt it seeing that this was her being polite.
                      This what I meant to say.

Comment

Fair enough, she definately could have handled it better but I am still willing to be she interpreted not as an act of kindness but as charity and depending on how it's handled, that can sting. (having been on the wrong end of a situation like this in the past by someone who kept pushing to the point of tears and humilation, it's not fun.)

Comment

Working...
                        X