This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    And THAT is why I take 15 - 91 when going to New England. 95 is the DEVIL.
    Most of 95 isn't too bad, in my estimation. I've been on it from NYC all the way up to Mystic (hop, skip, and jump from Rhode Island). The only part I hate is the snarl in New Haven. Of course, that's the part I have to deal with the most. ::sigh::
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
      My reaction to idiots like that is always to put them behind me. ....or to put someone else between me and them.
      September of '06 I was behind an 18-wheeler on a highway, just before noon, on a clear dry, albeit windy day. I passed him. Less than 4 miles later, at the first traffic signal coming into town, I met him up close and personally. I stopped for the red; he didn't. It's STILL in litigation. I no longer pass them. I don't care how slow they are going, I won't pass. I'll find a different route, if possible, but I won't pass. If that's not possible, I'll follow.

Bringing me to just about a year ago when I had to go into town about midnight. Wound up behind a truck that was all over the road. I tried calling it in to the Sheriff's department. 10 miles later, I called the next county's Sheriff. 10 miles later I had to call for an ambulance, as the truck missed a curve and flipped and rolled. The driver survived with only minor injuries. I think I was scared worse than she was.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

The FDR: Storrow Drive on steriods.

Quoth KiaKat
        And THAT is why I take 15 - 91 when going to New England. 95 is the DEVIL.
        I go to visit my brother in New York often enough that I've learned to really hate that interchange.

So 15 to 91, huh? [Looks at map] Hmm...intriguing...
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

So 15 to 91, huh? [Looks at map] Hmm...intriguing...
          I can't believe I missed that one... considering the 15 is another road that needs to be cleansed... going home last night there was exactly one person who stayed in their lane the entire time (and I'll admit it wasn't me )
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

You know what else is fun in NYC? The Cross Bronx. Uggggggggh.

Comment

All of this reminds me of something a friend of mine told me. It had just snowed and he was out at around 1:30-2am (bars here stop serving at 2am) and the car in front of him was doing about 30km/h (sorry I don't know what that is in mph ) when the speed limit was 50.
              Friend said the car was swerving across all three lanes veeeery slowly and that the driver was very obviously drunk. Shit drunk.

Me: Did you get their plate number and call the police?
              Friend: Noooo?
              Me: Why not?
              Friend: Why would I? He didn't look like he was going to hurt anyone and I'm sure he just wanted to get home.
              Me: Your point being?
              Friend: Why should I ruin someone's night with a DUI when they're not hurting anyone?
              Me: Are... are you... serious? First off, driving drunk is illegal, and secondly, even if he wasn't hurting anyone at the present moment who can say if he hadn't hit another car earlier, or a pedestrian, or if he didn't hit someone after you lost him?
              Friend: Well I guess that make se...
              Me: You're damn right it makes sense and you're an idiot for not calling the police!

Yeah I know I was a bitch but I'm a very blunt person who has a no-tolerance policy for drunk driving. Or passive-aggressive stupidity for that matter.

Comment

30 km/h -> 18 mph
                35 km/h -> 20 mph
                50 km/h -> 30 mph

If he was only doing 20 mph and still weaving about... yeah, he was a real danger. As soon as something unexpected happens, he's unlikely to be able to handle it.

Comment

Working...
                X