This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Christmas This Year/Pipe Down!

(Would one of these be a sighting since it came to me secondhand? There's two in here.)

This woman came to my register today with a bunch of the prewrapped, cheap gifts we have and receipts for a return. I was semi surprised until she said why she was returning them. Apparently when she asked her son to drive her back from the dentist's, he screamed F You, threw this gigantic hissy fit and made her drive back even though she was doped on Percocets. So therefore he deserved nothing for Christmas. I wouldn't have believed it myself if she hadn't been talking around gauze in her mouth and looking frazzled.

I asked my manager to grab the barcodes off some of the other prewrapped gifts since she had torn those off. While he was coming back he picked up the gifts she had on my register to take to his since there was a gigantic line building up behind the woman. At that moment one of the idiots in line ran up to the register next to mine and barked out "Gimme a packa Marlbaro Lights NOW!" (Yes Marlboro's mispelled on purpose)

"Sorry sir I'm helping this lady now," said my manager.

"Oh come ON," whined the guy.

"Sorry sir, I know, but I'm helping this lady out." And my manager processed the return while the guy stood behind the lady at my manager's register and whined and bitched. He got his cigarettes finally and stomped off.

Oh yes, not a sighting but an annoyance: people who don't stamp snow off their shoes and track it all over the store. By 9:30 in the morning our front rug was dripping, sopping wet, with puddles forming around it. Grrr.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

WTF? Hell yeah, he doesn't deserve gifts if he's going to be such a cock-wallet. ... i take that back, even cock-wallets are better than him.

I might fight with my mom over stuff at times... but refusing to drive her when she's on meds or sick? Hell... that's just fucked up. hell last time i drove with mom in the car she *was* sick (bad cold) and all she could say to me the next day was how much she appreciated the way i treated her in the car.... drove carefully, but 5mph over the limit to get her home faster, let her control the heat, and then catered to her when we got home.

that woman deserves a real son for christmas more than he deserves gifts.

Comment

No worries, that's definately a sighting. Not waiting in an obvious line is a sign of massive swelled ego, and a sure sign of suck.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Not sure how big your rugs are, but at least your customers try to stamp their feet before tromping around the store. During storms the maintenance guys spend time mopping up dirty snow throughout the store. We have a whole front section covered in carpet when you enter the store. You think people would TRY stamping their feet a little bit.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Cock-Wallet, heh, never heard that one before. I agree with the snow bit, though. Had to mop up the entryway to the church several times yesterday.
          All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            You think people would TRY stamping their feet a little bit.
            Yeah, until you get to a store where the carpet/mat/whatever is SOPPING wet from everyone coming in before you. That's gross.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Not sure how big your rugs are, but at least your customers try to stamp their feet before tromping around the store. During storms the maintenance guys spend time mopping up dirty snow throughout the store. We have a whole front section covered in carpet when you enter the store. You think people would TRY stamping their feet a little bit.

We have this whole mini foyer thing that's...psh, I dunno, 15 feet wide and that's carpeted. Some people would stamp out their shoes on that and because it's cold in there from the doors opening and closing all the time the snow never melts. Most people would stamp their feet out on our rug inside the actual store, which is this standard 8 foot rug. We also have doormat size ones in front of each of the registers. Many people wouldn't even bother to stamp their feet out on either of the rugs and merrily track it all over the store. Even more annoying? When I was there CLEARLY trying to mop up all the water, they would walk right over the clean floor and track muddy snow all over it without so much as a "sorry."
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

The snow thing is probably why the S-Market by me has a pair of huge hot-air pipes with large vents in them by each main entrance. They essentially provide a curtain of warm air that stops the winter coming inside even a little bit.

My apartment block also has reasonable means for removing snow from boots at the front door. But not at the back door. Which is where the courtyard, with the childrens' play area, is - and also the shortest route to the nearby school. You can imagine the wet floors that result from that.

Comment

Working...
                X