This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Arrest!

I'm not sure if this should be in sightings or check it out - movement of said post is fine

Background:
    My boyfriend told me this story... He buys a lot of stuff from Kifaru, US based company that specializes in military & hunting gear. Backpacks, ruck sacks, camping gear.

The gear's pretty pricy but that's because it's 100% made in the US, and carries a lifetime warranty. And the owner himself regularly talks to his customers on a personal and professional level.

A good example of their brand of customer service... One man posted a thread at their message board, asking other posters for information on getting his tent working properly. Following a suggestion, he posted pictures of his tent and was told by another customer, "Yeah that wasn't made properly. Contact the company to get it fixed." No one was surprised when one of the staff members replied in the thread and made arrangements to have the tent fixed.

Basically that's their level of company and product pride.

So... on to the ebay story.
    Some of the customers do buy the product line from ebay auctions. It's not always cheaper, but it can be faster since wait-time on something new can be 2 months.

But then an item popped up that looked suspicious to everyone... It was listed as an older tent in white but didn't look so old... They were wondering if maybe it was a chinese knockoff or something.

So, both the company and other customers at the message board started investigating.

And then they found the answer... Apparently the gear in question had been stolen from the factory. Apparently they had started a program where they hired "people with a dubious history" to give them a second chance.

As said by the owner in the message board:
    - The items sold by the seller are authentic
    - there has been an arrest and a confession
    - "You are the best customers in the world. Your bringing this fraud to our attention, your assistance in detecting that it was likely fraud, and your concern has touched all of us here"

*sniffle*
    makes me wish i'd gotten my bf something from them for valentine's day like i did last year. but ... too late to order now.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    *sniffle*
    makes me wish i'd gotten my bf something from them for valentine's day like i did last year. but ... too late to order now.
    Waitwaitwait, am I to understand that YOU buy your BOYFRIEND gifts on holidays like valentines, birthdays and Christmas? Not strictly the other way around?

I suppose I'm being presumptious by assuming that since you have a boyfriend, you're probably female. If that's true...

WHERE DOES YOUR KIND HIDE?!

Comment

I think our kind is slowly taking over, most of the girls I know are the first to admit they like getting presents but experience the same amount of joy when they can give their SO's one

I even give The Boyfriend monthly presents to make him realise how much his existence means to me. There's no need for him to give me one back, watching him getting all excited over his sunglasses/card/belt/special evening is enough of a present for me.

You give - You receive, that's the way it works, and the receiving bit doesn't have to be of the materialistic nature

I think I'm gonna have to start a class in the art of present giving

Comment

Are any of you going spare on this side of the pond, by any chance?

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
          Waitwaitwait, am I to understand that YOU buy your BOYFRIEND gifts on holidays like valentines, birthdays and Christmas? Not strictly the other way around?
          Wait, are there girls who don't get their SO something for Valentine's Day? I was under the understanding that it was a mutual expression of love (or Hallmark Seriously though, why do you need a special day to tell em you love them???) shared by BOTH parties. hrmmmm curious. I've always given my boyfriend something on the holidays, and even outside of.

By the way... that company sounds amazing!!! It's these types of relationships between the buisness and the public that restores my faith in humanity

Comment

Belgium is full of 'em And I would mention my sister, since she's in Sweden (I'm not sure if she's in Umea or Tuve right now) but she's taken.. Still, Belgium is confident girl-country

Comment

I love giving my BF presents too...like Christmas he got We <3 Katamari. But presents also mean a time I can get him stuff that I want to see him in...like the new shirt I also gave him for Christmas.

But, OT, I'm glad that company had that much support and a good outcome there. I hope it doesn't sour them too much to their new program.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

We get each other gifts

this year however... i don't ahve as much money so i baked him cookies. Seven pounds worth!
                He already got it cos I mailed it early... takes a while for stuff to get to japan.

(though one of the staff from kifaru did nominate me "girlfriend of the year" when i ran a thread thanking them for getting the gift to him on time for valentine's day)
                Last edited by PepperElf; 01-24-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I don't need a holiday to buy the hubby something. We both tend to hate Valentines Day (bad childhood memories) and why do we need a specific day to tell the person you love that you love them.

Right now we are waiting for the tax return so we can up our Zunes (and we can give our current ones to my parents) and he can get a bigger hard drive to the XBox. He is just happy I don't want jewelry or that other normal girly stuff. Give me tech stuff!!
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Carolaaine View Post
                    Still, Belgium is confident girl-country
                    Right then. I'm putting in for a transfer to our Belgium office!

B
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I buy presents for my hubby on special holidays or for no reason at all. He is the bestest and I want him to know that.

So, yes, some of us American girls do buy presents for our SO.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I like buying presents for my SO's when I have them as well.
                        (I've been single for 8 mos now though and I'm cool with that.)

Comment

My bf exchange gifts, I can't imagine him buying me something and me not returning the favor (though for our anniversary last yr, he didn't buy me anything til she saw I bought something, hahaha)

And yes, that company sounds really cool, I may have to research them
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I always get my SO something for Valentine's Day, usually something for his sweet tooth.

Right hun? *kicks from other room*
                            Random conversation:
                            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I love surprising the SO with things! One day, Gwar came to our school (the music teacher is friend of theirs). I stayed after school and got their autographs and pictures with them. Then I went to his house,woke him up for work, and presented him with the paper. He was sooo happy!

I buy him little trinkets and I also buy things for me to wear for him
                              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Working...
                              X