This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admitting to robbery?

I went to the local mall this afternoon for a Gyro and to wander a bit, check out if my sister in law's info was correct, and that the Carlton Cards is leaving (It appears to be, sadly... now where will I find my "Life According to Disney Princesses" statues?).
    I wandered into the other video game store (CGX, it's not GameStop, but runs on a very similar model), and wander, as is my wont to do... Two guys walk in shortly after me, and spy a 'real' keyblade on the wall, a decoration...
    I1: Idiot 1
    I2: Idiot 2
    C: Counter worker
    (I didn't so much as open my mouth)

I2: "Oh, man!"
    I1: "Yeah, you saw where my eye went first, huh?"
    I2: "How much for that?" *points vaguely at Keyblade*
    C: "You mean the key...sword?"
    KeyBLADE! Not a sword!
    I2: "Yeah!"
    C: "I can't sell it."
    I2: "What if I just throw out a number?"
    C: "I CAN'T sell it."
    I1: "What if I steal it?"
    Really? You just admitted to her you might be a thief?
    C: "We have cameras everywhere."
    No, you don't. But nice try.
    I2: "What if I turn invisible?"
    C: "If you do that, I'd pay you money to steal it..."
    *eye roll, walk out*
    "I call murder on that!"

Guys like that are to sex what caffeine is to 7UP soda.
    Never had it, never will!

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

What really stunned me was that... He can go online and buy these replicas brand spanking new for less than the number I assume was in his head...

I forgot to mention it, but when the Tweedles walked in, the first thing out of their mouth was, "It's so big in here!"
      Er? No, it really isn't...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Guys like that are to sex what caffeine is to 7UP soda.

I seem to recall advertisements with a little gnome-man, a yes, here it is.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

On an entirely unrelated note, it's always surprised me that The Disney Store doesn't carry decorations and accessories or even the game itself. Target audience anyone?
          Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth wildkard View Post
            On an entirely unrelated note, it's always surprised me that The Disney Store doesn't carry decorations and accessories or even the game itself. Target audience anyone?
            Not too surprising for stores in America, but I'd be surprised if there aren't accessories in Tokyo, cause their Disney World alternate has mascots for Sora and the other KH humans... Rikku, Kairi, etc.
            I have seen miniature figs of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, and Rikku in Borders stores, though...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

yeah but at least the people who made 7up actually KNOW what caffeine is!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                Not too surprising for stores in America, but I'd be surprised if there aren't accessories in Tokyo, cause their Disney World alternate has mascots for Sora and the other KH humans... Rikku, Kairi, etc.
                I have seen miniature figs of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, and Rikku in Borders stores, though...
                that would be cool i like kingdom hearts, i saw a riku and a sora at the phoenix comic con when i drove by and delivered pizzas (damn work)

Comment

I have to admit I once asked a local electronics/gold retailer if I could buy their Super Street Fighter II poster.
                  "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Slight threadjack, but I have one of those keyblades. It's kinda like a big long plushie thing. I found it at an anime con in Boston when I bought my "trio": Axel, Roxas, and Demyx Plushies.

Personally, I like my wooden chakrams better. They don't bend quite so much. *was an Axel herself*

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                      Slight threadjack, but I have one of those keyblades. It's kinda like a big long plushie thing. I found it at an anime con in Boston when I bought my "trio": Axel, Roxas, and Demyx Plushies.

Personally, I like my wooden chakrams better. They don't bend quite so much. *was an Axel herself*
                      Ooh, there was a good chance I saw you then, if it was AnimeBoston. I even took a picture of one Axel, and my husband took a picture of another. (He was the random Organization member with the Heartless toddler.)
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I like the store clerk's "If you can do that, you can have it for free" line. I've used that on people at the wholesale club.

Recently, we had this hot tub/spa thing on display by the front door, put up on its side. I had plenty of people doing that "Oh, man, that would be so good right now" line upon seeing it. And more than once I'd had people comment that they were "going to steal it."

My response? "Tell you what. If you can pick that thing up by yourself-- without mechanical assistance-- and get it through the door without breaking anything, then you can have it."

We all had a laugh about it.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          Ooh, there was a good chance I saw you then, if it was AnimeBoston. I even took a picture of one Axel, and my husband took a picture of another. (He was the random Organization member with the Heartless toddler.)
                          Might've been me. Got a picture? If it helps, I was in the chess game that Sunday as part of Team Evil.

I probably saw your hubby then, too; I do remember squealing quite a bit at the kids this year, especially kiddo Larxene. She was super cute.

Comment

Working...
                          X