This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym EW's

I use a small gym right next to a university. Due to some deal with the school weightlifting classes meet and hold their sessions at this particular location. I don't mind in principle because I know the gym is really small and needs the money but these students...

Listen up people!

1. Please do not read a book while perched on a weight machine. That is just rude plus maybe, just maybe, someone else needs to use that equipment!

2. Guys! Put your plates away when you're done! Weight plates lying around are just begging for someone to trip over them, and I hate having to look through piles of weight plates to find the ones I need. Plus, this means I can't tell if someone's done with the equipment.

3. Don't unload a bar unless you're absolutely sure no one is using it! I've had to stop male students from doing this because obviously *I* can't be the one using the bar. I'm female! I can't lift heavy!

4. Don't try to give me advice. I've been lifting for much longer than you, and I actually know how to use the power platform, power cage, etc. If I need a spotter I'll ask a regular at the gym whom I know from observation knows what they are doing. Back off.

5. Don't congregate in packs around equipment or stations and just talk. That is rude. I hate having to shove my way through these groups and endure their sideways glances.

6. Ladies! The power-lifting platform is not a stretching station. If there is no where else for me to do my exercises I will (very nicely) ask you to move.

7. This is your class. I don't care if you half-ass things, but I am paying to use this gym and have just as much right, if not more, to be here. Show me some respect or I will make a point of deadlifting more than you in front of your buddies.

I'm not very assertive so I generally smile and act very polite while contemplating mass mayhem on the inside. On the other hand all the extra people means I have to work in with the regulars, some of whom are quite attractive.

The semester's almost over, right? Right?

Quoth Thuringwethyl View Post
    1. Please do not read a book while perched on a weight machine. That is just rude plus maybe, just maybe, someone else needs to use that equipment!
    We have a fitness center at my job, and I can definitely relate to this one. Except instead of a book, it's someone who sits down on one of the machines to watch TV. Sometimes they might half-ass a few reps now and then, but more often than not, they don't even do that.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Oh Thuringwethyl, everything you've said I've seen on a weekly basis working at my uni's Rec Center. It's best if you set them straight right away, repeatedly. Do you also see people hording several weight lifting stations? And to answer your question: No, probably another 11 weeks.
      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Working...
      X