This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"want in one hand, $h!t in the other, and see which fills up faster."

Of course, if our son is being good when he says, "I want..." it goes in the mental file for upcoming presents.
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Man if I ever acted that way it would be a smack on the ass and no more peeps outta me.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        Man if I ever acted that way it would be a smack on the ass and no more peeps outta me.
        You too...
        I'd have seen the back of a hand up close and rapid, if you know what I mean.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
          Yeah, it took time to make but the time was not at a premium when I was a child. A kid had time to think about what s/he wanted to do and could do it.
          Except parents like this are probably the ones who over-schedule their kid's activities so they have karate, little league, and piano every day during the school year, and then even worse during the summer, but they then throw a hissy if little Johnny takes some office supplies to play around with.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

Mother turns to father.

Mother: Maybe we should have a look and see how much Playstation 3's cost...

The father looked very fed up and run down.

I left the store so I didn't see the outcome, but I bet the child got his way...
            I'd be willing to bet a copy of Beautiful Katamari that the parents took one look at the price tag on that overpriced horse box, picked up Junior by the scruff, and frog-marched him right out to the parking lot. I wouldn't mind playing Little Big Planet myself someday, perhaps when the price of the PS3 comes down by about seven or eight thousand dollars.

That kid's going to be a lot of fun when he gets his driver's license and wants a car.

I wasn't prone to "gimme gimme gimme" tantrums when I was a kid, but I have doubts that my loudest shrieks could have pierced the titanium-strength indifference of my mother's wallet. That being said, it wasn't really that hard to get my parents to part with money over video games if I was a good boy and didn't make a jackass out of myself over them, and the day I unwrapped Zaxxon for the Apple IIe was officially the BEST CHRISTMAS EVAR!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              Child: I WANT THAT GAME! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!
              And I want a million dollars. Doesn't mean I'm getting it.

Yes, I've actually said that.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post

I remember making a whole airport out of paper.
                I remember making a pizzeria with an apartment on top of it out of cardboard for my cousin's TMNT figures.

It even had a rental rack for movies (had lil perfect size movie pictures on cereal boxes back then)

Good times. Gooooooood times.
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Seems to me that this is another case of "everybody gets a trophy" heaven forbid that kids suffer some kind of disappointment in their lives.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    And I want a million dollars. Doesn't mean I'm getting it.

Yes, I've actually said that.
                    Same here. I've used it one unruly customers, whether they were mine or not.
                    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                      Seems to me that this is another case of "everybody gets a trophy" heaven forbid that kids suffer some kind of disappointment in their lives.
                      Ugh. God do I hate that shit, but the comments I have on that sort of thing I think I'll take it up in Fratching. I can't stand spoiled kids and their sorry ass parents that cave to their whims, you can tell right away that those kids will throw tantrums if they don't get their way and if it's the rich ones, they'll always call dear old Mom & Dad for anything or to bail them out. Like the old saying goes, wish in one hand, shit in the other. God do I miss the good ol' days....okay now I feel old saying that and I'm 24.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                      X