Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess she didn't want any more of our money... (longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess she didn't want any more of our money... (longish)

Not sure if this would go here or Sightings, because it was my server that was sucky.

OK so lastnight after our D&D session (which, for those who read my advice thread, I DM'ed and it went quite well, and J and F did not break up, but apparently had a big epic talk) my friends J and F, my fiance C and I decided to go to Denny's.
    We go to this Denny's a lot, and have a regular booth and a regular server. Also the guy who stands at the front and gives us our menus and where you pay (not sure what his title is) sees us all the time, and always just lets us grab our appropriate number of menus and seat ourselves.
    Anyhow, that's what we did, but unfortunately we did not have our regular server, we had a different girl.
    We sort of had problems from start to disappointing finish with her. We ordered cheesy fries, but she put in cheese sticks. We took the cheese sticks cuz they're yummy, even though it was less food, and it was meant to be shared between the four of us.
    I ordered a build-your-own slam, with two orders of eggs over-easy, an order of sausage, and some pancakes. My SO ordered a burger, my friend ordered a different BYOS, and her boyfriend had something sort of complicated.
    He wanted to know if he could build his own slam, with hash browns, pancakse, french toast, and an english muffin, but French Toast is not a normal option. He used to be able to get it anyway, with just an extra charge for the french toast, but they've recently changed their computer menus so it cannot be done.
    The server was so confused, kept trying to say "so you want this? no? then you want one of these? wait huh?" while naming other pre-built slams. She was also saying this over what he was trying to say, causing further confusion than would have been had, if she'd just shut up and let him talk.
    Eventually she got the attention of the manager by standing there talking over him long enough that the manager saw her. We settled on him getting a French Toast Slam, but instead of bacon and sausage, he'd get two more pieces of french toast, so his final result was four pieces of french toast, and some hash browns. Not quite what he wanted, but satisfactory.
    When she brought our food, I was left pancake-less for no apparent reason. When I brought it up, she asked kind of rudely "do you still want them?" and when I said yes, she sighed. If I'm paying for the damn pancakes, yes I still want them!
    Anyway, when she brought my pancakes, we were clearly discussing what to order for dessert. We had the dessert menu flippy-thingy that they have on the tables, and were flipping back and forth and saying things like "I'll probably order that" etc.
    When she came by to clear some plates, because C was done with his burger and the cheese sticks were gone, plus my eggs and sausage were finished but I was still eating my pancakes on another plate, she slipped the bill onto the table next to F. She then stayed clear on the other side of the restaurant for the 20 or so minutes we sat at our table hoping she'd come back so we could order our desserts. She glanced over at us a couple of times, so I know she knew we were still sitting there.
    We finally decided she didn't want any more of our money, and left her a tiny tip ($2) our bill was only 30 dollars or so, and we had intended to buy at least 10 dollars worth of desserts. Oh well. We were kinda disappointed, and just went home.
    Last edited by Dips; 02-09-2009, 08:10 PM.
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

It goes in Sightings. I moved it for you.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I swear I've had this waiter before.

Comment

Yet another reason I don't like Denny's. The servers who wait to see if you go away. Not all but the rare few who'd rather work but not do any work.
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

We have a local eqivalent of Denny's and most of the wait staff is decent to awesome. There is one older lady though... She doesn't like the people who dress differently, so she's very cold and snotty and rolls her eyes a lot. She'll let your food sit up at the window for a long time, just watching it get cold. But when it comes time to pay and she wants a good tip, she suddenly gets super sweet and pleasant. I can't stand her and never let the host(ess) seat me in her section.
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

And I have to drive all the way to Hudson to go to Denny's and have never had bad service there *shakes fist violently*
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Did you talk to a manager?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X