Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Food-onna-stick is inherently better that food not onna-stick. I don't care what it is, you take it and affix it to a stick and it is better. Although that still won't make me eat broccoli.

2. Those shoe just jumped to second place on my Must Have!! list, preceded only by the portal gun.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Some friends and I went to the NY State Fair one year, and took pictures of everything we ate and drank. Between the four of us, we had about 20 different items.
      http://www.kodakgallery.com/jwheeler...fair_food_tour

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
        Some friends and I went to the NY State Fair one year, and took pictures of everything we ate and drank. Between the four of us, we had about 20 different items.
        http://www.kodakgallery.com/jwheeler...fair_food_tour
        Those wine slushies look yummy!

I miss the fry bread from the Arizona State Fair. I've never tried fried candy bars or any of those other new things, but they've never been offered either in AZ or OR (not that I've seen, anyway).
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Now I'm all hungry...

I had deep-fried macaroni & cheese at the Stampede 2 years ago. YUM. It was basically a little cheese fritter. My friend dared me to eat it and then stood there in total amazement as I joyfully took him up on that and also finished his bag of mini donuts and the battered veggies .

(I weighed 120 at the time, and I'm 5'8". Nobody ever believed it when I ate things like that. I've gained a little so I'm in a healthier weight range now but people still don't believe what I eat... what they don't realize is I have the metabolism of a hummingbird (or a shrew!) and that I ride my bike about 150 km a week from May to October).

Basically it comes down to: I will eat anything if it is deep-fried, sauteed with butter and garlic, and/or it comes on a stick . I tried a deep-fried Mars Bar last year and that was pretty yummy, though almost too sweet for me. (I'm not that keen on Mars Bars to start with, though).
          Last edited by Buglady; 02-22-2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: forgot somethign

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
            Irv, Becks and I might have to hitchhike along with you this year. I'll pay for parking.
            Is that the one in Wausau in August? I have to take this summer off work anyway.....
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              1. Food-onna-stick is inherently better that food not onna-stick.
              Isn't that the business model of CMOT Dibbler?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                Come to Calgary this summer. You and I MUST go to Stampede together. There are many, many things on sticks to eat - a large percentage of which are also deep-fried!
                Any Prairie Oysters on a stick?
                "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Your hubby RAWKS!!! You did say that this took place in Florida, what part was it in? (I live in South Florida...)
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Those wine slushies look yummy!
                    They are. Unfortunately this past year, they changed alot of things. Now you get a 10oz cup, instead of the "almost a whole bottle" size you see in the pics. And you can now longer walk around the fair with it, you are supposed to stay in the Wine Garden.

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                      EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! !!!
                      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                        Is that the one in Wausau in August? I have to take this summer off work anyway.....
                        We're mentioning the State Fair that's held in Milwaukee in August...but you mention the (whatever county Wausau is in) county fair? *pondering* I should see what I can do when August gets here.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                          What's wrong? They come with a stick, so on a stick is a natural development.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                            Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                            Seconded!

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            What's wrong? They come with a stick, so on a stick is a natural development.
                            Yeah...kind of..but..*cringe*

I want to try a deep fried Mars Bar now that several people have mentioned it. Sounds like I need to go to the state fair this year. *starts piggy bank savings*
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                              Well, that's one way of getting a pair.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I had a BITE of someone's deep fried candy bar this year. I think I nearly blacked out and I couldn't hear over the din of my arteries hardening and my thighs getting bigger.
                                Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X