This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8:55PM at K-Mart

So some K-marts are having unlimited double coupons this week. I checked the website for the store hours (said till 10pm during the week) and called my closest store to verify that they were participating.

Since the store hours were on the website, I didn't think to ask when I called.

I march my merry ass over there and pull into the lot at 8:55pm. I've got my coupons in tow, which I've painstakingly and lovingly sorted. (Yeah, I know...but I try not to be sucky about them)

As I'm walking up, I notice two cart pushers hauling ass, gathering carts and that the lot is kinda empty. Another guy is walking up at the same time as me, hauling a big-assed box, clearly for a return.

I see the store hours posted on the door as 9pm. "Shit!" I exclaimed. I mainly was saying it to myself, but I think I was kinda loud. Dude with the box glances over at me and I apologized because, hey - ya never know how people will take language. I said "Oh, sorry..I thought they were open until 10pm."

As I was turning around heading back to my car he said "It's only 8:57". I stopped in my tracks. He was almost to the door when I yelled out "Yeah, but I have a little CONSIDERATION for the people working in there, and won't walk in a store MINUTES before close."

"Bitch", he muttered, loud enough for me to hear.

I just laughed. The cart pusher shook his head and gave me a grateful look. I smiled at him and said "Hey, I know how it feels. That return is probably gonna take at least 10 minutes, or more if he's doing a freaking exchange. Rude ass!" He nearly collapsed in laughter.

Poor kid looked like he was having a shitty day, and I'm glad I could make him laugh.

People are buttheads.
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 02-24-2009, 05:23 AM.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    Poor kid looked like he was having a shitty day, and I'm glad I could make him laugh.
    For this reason, I think I'm going to make up a small batch of business cards that just read "www.customerssuck.com", just so I can give them out to people I see working that look like they're having a rough day...
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
      For this reason, I think I'm going to make up a small batch of business cards that just read "www.customerssuck.com", just so I can give them out to people I see working that look like they're having a rough day...
      They exist. I have once again lost the templates though. I'm sure the mods know where they are.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

*walks up to Peppergirl and offers some of the cookies I bought yesterday*

Coo-kie?

*toddles off*
        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

peppergirl, on behalf of all of us who have had people like that SC who came in at the last minute... thank you for not being an SC also.

Oh, and on behalf of all of us who have had bad days at work, thanks for taking the time to cheer up the cart guy.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hmm, I just checked Kmart's hours online where I work and noticed they're wrong.
            Over the holiday season we had the hours it says. But before the holiday season and now, we close an hour earlier(at 9pm)

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              They exist. I have once again lost the templates though. I'm sure the mods know where they are.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=16828

Rapscallion

Comment

You know, if it wasnt so expensive and complicated, it would be cute to work out a combination of the Customers Suck! card and the cookies people keep handing out here. Single-packaged chocolate chip cookies with the site name on the wrapper!

Or something. I get odd ideas when work goes crazy.

Comment

Thanks! Maybe this time I'll actually remember where they are.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                  X