This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhat old remembered story

This happened last year, when I was coming home in the morning after a graveyard shift.

So I was sitting in a seat on the bus far away from any other people. I thought I was safe. Nope, apparently, me sitting by the window feet on the bar in front of me, headphones in desperatly trying to ignore the people around me means "HEY YOU HIT ON ME!" While I was flattered, I was more annoyed by the fact that he would not go away. After being told that I was in a relationship, his response was "you should dump him" I told him "sorry, not after 5 years" and he countered with "don't you want to try something new?"

I was pretty much giving him monosyllabic answers to anything else he was asking. Generally giving off, leave me the hell alone vibes. Luckily he got off the bus before me, I was prepared to ride further than I had to just so he didn't know where I lived.

At least he was somewhat civilized about it, as opposed to the one guy who came to my work and rubbed his bare chest on the glass. Because, you know, that's so a way to attract quality women.
    “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
    At least he was somewhat civilized about it, as opposed to the one guy who came to my work and rubbed his bare chest on the glass. Because, you know, that's so a way to attract quality women.
    Did you walk over, point to a different area of the glass and tell him he missed a spot?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
      Nope, apparently, me sitting by the window feet on the bar in front of me, headphones in desperatly trying to ignore the people around me means "HEY YOU HIT ON ME!"
      "No habla inglés".

Bonus points if you consequently strike up a conversation with someone else in English.

Triple bonus points if he speaks to you again and you "No habla inglés" again.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
        "No habla inglés".

Bonus points if you consequently strike up a conversation with someone else in English.

Triple bonus points if he speaks to you again and you "No habla inglés" again.
        Oooo...I may have to use that one next time.

Comment

When I ride the bus to and from work, I usually have my iPod ear plugs in, even when I'm not listening to music, just to keep people from talking to me.
          And I've noticed that, with most people on the bus, the stronger the desire for conversation; the weaker the desire to shower.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
          X