This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees walked-on by SC Parents

This is another story from the Manager who brought you ‘You should watch my children for free!’

This again happened in her daycare-play center, where you can book private parties for your kids and the attached party room for games and refreshments.

MWIAS = (Manager who is a saint) scheduled 2-girls (high school) to cover a private birthday party. The next day she had the following recount.

First, the parents refused to sign waivers before going-into the play area. The girls had to spend quite some time convincing the parents to fill-out the required forms.

Then, the parents refused to take their shoes off (see a pattern? Great example to set for your children). They finally did, but upon entering the play area they put them back on when they thought the girls weren’t looking. The girls finally made them leave their shoes at the front area.

Once the party was situated in the party room, the parents made it clear that they did not want the girls supervising them. Even though that is their job, the girls were so intimidated by this group that they complied with their wishes. So they only supervised when the party was in the play area. When the kids came-out to play, they were covered head-to-foot in cake and ice cream and proceeded to spread it all over the play equipment. What did the girls find in the party room?

Cake. And ice cream. EVERYWHERE! It was on the floor and the walls. They had stepped in it and tracked-it over the carpet. It was in the bathroom on the toilet, walls, sink and CEILING!

The girls did not feel comfortable approaching the parents after the fact and so they cleaned everything-up as best they could after the group had left. They left the write-up for the MWIAS, who was understandably furious with the parents. She was somewhat upset with her employees for allowing it to happen, but we both knew how… Confrontational and difficult adults and especially parents can get with younger employees.

I think that none of those parents be allowed to book parties in the future, but with the economy any business they can get is important. MWIAS is going to give her employees a talk on excactly what their authority is with parents, so that they do not get walked-on again. Of course they have the ultimate last-say in people being asked to leave and such, but it's very easy to intimidate young employees and the SCs sense this weakness.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

In the future, would it be possible for your Manager to schedule the girls with an older person who won't take such crap from parents? High school kids are generally pretty naive about how nasty people can be and are frequently shocked when they're mistreated by a member of the general public.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I hope MWIAS and/or the manager sent a hefty "cleaning bill" to those nasty parents.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

after all they did sign a waiver

Comment

Hopefully the parents got a nice big fat cleaning bill from that disaster their little heathens made and that they'll be banned too. I know times are tough, but that to me deserves an instant ban regardless. It's almost as if the sucky parents were the children in adult bodies.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X