This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday sightings

OK... who woulda thought a peaceful sunday morning, going to and from church would generate sightings...

Lady, I'd of held it
    Not really an SC, more bad timing than anything.
    The Pastor was telling the story of a Rabbi who was walking down the street with a group of students. He pointed out a poor man in rags across the street and asked his students "who is this man"... a student replied "teacher, he is a nobody, he is just Rashied, the water carrier"
    The Rabbi gets irate, and the Pastor is also getting quite passionate and shouts the Rabbi's response "all of you are no longer my students... leave me and don't come back until you can look at any person and say 'teacher, that is a child of God' "
    At that... a woman stood up and walked out...
    I think I saw her head to the bathroom... but seriously, that is bad timing

tipping is appreciated
    Never thought I'd see this at a church breakfast... I guess there truly are SCs of every creed. The church held a 'free' (with reasonable donation to the bell choir) breakfast... as I was getting up from my table I left a dollar tip on the table (yeah, I know small tip, but it was served family style with self serve drinks, so minimum effort on the servers part)... another person on the table said that it's free, so a tip on nothing is nothing I asked if he felt that the volunteers should not receive any reward for their work... his response "service to God is it's own reward" I of course responded "so is charity... they took time out of their lives to provide charity to me... I will take money out of my pocket to provide charity in return" He had no response to that.

the look
    This is actually a positive, while confusing one. Since dying my hair I've gotten "the look" more often... takes a while to get used to... what was really weird though was when a guy in full sunday suit holding a book of mormon gives me that look... I'm so confused now
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    the look
    This is actually a positive, while confusing one. Since dying my hair I've gotten "the look" more often... takes a while to get used to... what was really weird though was when a guy in full sunday suit holding a book of mormon gives me that look... I'm so confused now
    What's "the look" and what did you do to your hair?
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

It's gotten to the point where people walking past me on the sidewalk go out of their way not to get close.... honestly, I don't see why....

Maybe it's the baggy, burgandy hoodie...... is that it?

And, yes, what is this 'look' of which you speak?
      I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

apparenty Utah is the bubble I've claimed it to be... "the look" as in when someone is looking at you and not just merely in your direction... normally accompanied by subtle signs of attraction... seriously, if I said "he gave me the look" to any of my coworkers they'd understand.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X