This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to pull the "not shopping here again" move

I know its a classic stupid SC line but well, I didn't have much of a choice and I wasn't trying to get anything from it. only to express my disappointment, lemme just explain.

every Friday for the last 6 years my bf his mom and I go out and eat burgers and rent a movie, its a nice tradition. for the last 2 years we have been using the same burger joint, its not a cheap one, but its a tasty one. for the first year and a half we ate in the restaurant but got tired of their failing A/C (were in texas) and we discovered they delivered for free. the people at the hamburger place knew us on site and we ordered the same thing every week, they would have it written down before we even got to the counter.

but six months ago when we started getting it delivered and the wait for our food got longer and longer each time, untill we were waiting an hour and a half for our food. then they hired a new guy who answered the phone and i gave him our order the same way i always did. 3 cheeseburgers, first one is catchup mustered onions only, one with everything mustered instead of mayo, and one no pickles. he sent us burgers with only ketchup, one only pickles, and one with only mustard. we sent it back and got correct burgers 2 hours later. we were upset but figured it was a fluke.

then they did it again the 2 weeks later and we had to draw the line, we were tired of waiting for over an hour to get the wrong burgers. that is when i had to call them and let them know that they got it wrong and that we won't be using them again. i hope i wasn't an SC, i didn't yell at them or anything, just told them we were disappointed with how the service we were receiving and that we wouldn't be back. now we are trying to find a new place to eat but they defiantly have the best burgers in town, just some of the poorest service.

IMO, if making a complaint makes you an SC... that's going too far.

As long as you were polite, factual, and not acting out of selfishness or greed. That, and it seems you had a perfectly legitimate complaint. All perfectly non-SC.

Besides, as has been said before, if you're at all worried that you're an SC: you probably aren't
    I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

No, you weren't a SC. Your unhappiness with the service was legitimate.

Personally, I would recommend getting in touch with the owners. Explain the situation and give them specific dates and times so that they can check to see who was on staff during those days.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

You weren't an SC, you had every right and reason to complain and you didn't do it for personal gain (i.e. free gift card, etc.).
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          You weren't an SC, you had every right and reason to complain and you didn't do it for personal gain (i.e. free gift card, etc.).
          Not to mention you didn't use !!!11eleventy!1!! or bitchrantsnarl at the poor clerk. As long as yes, you did get your point across politely, then yay!
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

That's all you need to do is vote with your wallet. Nothing more. Because if they piss off enough people and they all stop giving them their money they'll go out of business and, well, sucks to be them.

Comment

Yeah, this sounds a lot like the Carls Jr. on North Temple. They have an employee there who Every Single Time I've gone in has screwed up my order... it doesn't matter what I tell her I want I end up getting a guac burger... I did not want guac burgers, I don't even like guac burgers, I wasn't even ordering anything that sounded like guac burger... yet every time I ordered (I always would order either a jalepeno $6 burger, the jalepeno chicken sandwich, the sante fe chicken, or the super star... though sometimes she'd get the superstar right)... finally after about a month of every time going there having to come back from the drivethrough because I got the wrong thing I finally just told the manager there that it was obvious that this employee was not learning and I would not be back any time she was working... was calm and polite about it, but made it clear why he lost my business.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                That's all you need to do is vote with your wallet. Nothing more. Because if they piss off enough people and they all stop giving them their money they'll go out of business and, well, sucks to be them.
                I respectfully disagree. But most people disagree WITH ME on what I'm about to say, so here goes:

If you're a loyal patron of a place and have received excellent service 95 percent of the time, I don't think it's fair to write them off because of one or two slip ups. Now, if it's fairly BIG slip ups that seem to be part of a downward trend, then yes, it's definitately time to call the management and point out the problems in a constructive way.

If they are receptive, great - give them another shot. If they have an attitude, then I wholeheartedly agree to vote with your wallet (and feet) and move on.

Bottom line, in this case I think the OP was probably right. Without knowing details of the conversaton when she told the place of the issues, it's hard to say. Either way, she wasn't sucky or EW about it...so there's bonus points there.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                X