This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightings from Saturday

So Wednesday was my wife's birthday. Since it fell in the week I told her we could do whatever she wanted yesterday until we had to leave for dinner.

I told her I made reservations for the 2 of us at a restaurant she likes. I had actually made reservations for 16 people, all of our friends.

Victoria's Secret
    So we go out to Victoria's Secret as she had a coupon, and had gotten some cash. They were having a 7 panties for $25 sale, and she needed some other stuff.

I decide to go to the VS closet to our house (a good 15 miles away) because I don't feel like driving further. I hate this particular mall, as every time we go something stupid happens.

Yesterday was no exception.

We picked everything out and get in line. Well the line has no real structure to it, but thankfully a manager came up and straightened that out.

Then we had to wait as not 1 but 3 people didn't read the signs and had picked out 5 panties instead of 7, so they had to go back and find 2 more, grumbling the entire time, yeah because it's VS's fault you can't read.

We pay, and realize that we hadn't got a discount ($15 a bra if you buy 2), so we got to get back in line and wait again as people were complaining that they were only going to get $15 back on a bra because they didn't have the receipt, or getting huffy because the lotion they picked up was the sampler and therefore had no SKU, etc.

Incidentally, while I have no problem with big people being of somewhat advanced stature myself, if your ass looks like you're smuggling 2 20 lb turkeys, how are you fitting into VS panties?

The Restaurant
    The reservation was at 6:30, but we weren't arriving until 7 that way all of our friends could get there. I made specific instructions with the owner of the restaurant for this and some other things to make things go smoothly. I even called on Friday to confirm everything.

Right after my wife and I leave I get a text from her sister "You need to stall they fucked the tables up"

So I don't know what's going on, but I stall as long as I can.

I get there and the manager and the hostess are sitting and talking.

"So apparently we had 2 reservations for 16 people tonight, on under Mu**** and the other under Mi****. And the one only had 10 people show up, and the other had this guy Matt call and make reservations but I haven't seen him yet"

At this point they turn around and I say "Hi, I'm Matt"

So they take us to our table while my wife is asking me "What did you do?"

She was surprised, but they kind of ruined it for me. I had wanted her to turn the corner and see everyone.

After talking to everyone, it turns out that they had given our table to the Mi group, and were trying to seat some of our friends with them. The waitstaff had no ideas of the arrangements we made either.

It all turned out in the long run, and thankfully my friends spoke up and got it fixed, but damn talk about giving a guy heart failure. All I could think about was that they had lost our reservation and were now trying to scrap tables together.

That sucks that they messed up your table and I hope you and your wife still had a good night. One question regarding your icon. Are you sure?

I'm not a laywer nor do I play one on tv but are you sure that's illegal?
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      Incidentally, while I have no problem with big people being of somewhat advanced stature myself, if your ass looks like you're smuggling 2 20 lb turkeys, how are you fitting into VS panties?
      I'm not the smallest girl in the world, but I'm not huge, and I wear some of VS's largest sizes...I'm scared of what those ladies look like. Then again, some of their "clothing" doesn't need to go around much, being barely more than strings...but I'm not going to think about that any further. Bad mental images.

So Wednesday was my wife's birthday. Since it fell in the week I told her we could do whatever she wanted yesterday until we had to leave for dinner...<snip>
      It all turned out in the long run, and thankfully my friends spoke up and got it fixed, but damn talk about giving a guy heart failure. All I could think about was that they had lost our reservation and were now trying to scrap tables together.
      I'm so glad that it all got figured out. Sounds like the restaurant needs to train their hostess/reservation people a little better. Like a big sign saying "THERE ARE TWO LARGE GROUPS TONIGHT - Ask people WHICH one they're with."

Oh, and I'm so jealous of your wife - sounds like you are a very good husband to treat her for her b-day like you did.
      Last edited by Calie; 03-24-2009, 02:19 AM. Reason: dang formatting typos
      "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

So ... big people aren't allowed small friends/family they might buy undies for? Granted I've never actually purchased underwear for anyone but myself, but then, I don't have children, for example.

Lesson learned on dinner - have someone who's going to turn up first make the reservation in their own name.

Comment

Quoth Calie View Post
          Oh, and I'm so jealous of your wife - sounds like you are a very good husband to treat her for her b-day like you did.
          Well I try.

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          So ... big people aren't allowed small friends/family they might buy undies for? Granted I've never actually purchased underwear for anyone but myself, but then, I don't have children, for example.
          Nope don't recall saying that.

But then again maybe the women I saw searching for XL panties weren't looking for themselves, who knows. There were quite a few ladies of that size buying underoos, I can't imagine they were all buying someone else 7 pairs.

These weren't big women mind you, they just had butts that look like they could have stopped a truck.

I'm of "advanced stature" myself, and I know what size I need in things (not that I wear panties), so I just couldn't imagine even the largest sizes fitting these women.

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          Lesson learned on dinner - have someone who's going to turn up first make the reservation in their own name.
          I understand what you mean, but I don't think it would have helped. If they have 2 reservations under similar names to mine, they could just as easily have 2 reservations with names similar to my friend.

It wasn't that my friends gave the wrong name, but that they were taken to the wrong table.
          Last edited by draftermatt; 03-25-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

(not that I wear panties)
            I advise you to not knock it without trying it.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ah, yes. Special event reservations. I remember taking them at *former hotel* for major restaurant holidays such as Valentine's and Mothers Day. We didn't take reservations normally, so our policy was to call a day or two ahead of the holiday to confirm the reservation. We don't want to hold a table for a no-show when a walk-in has been waiting after all. Had a few irate customers (usually husbands, always seemed to be the husband) who got upset because wifey or dear old mum had the surprise ruined. *sigh*
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

if your ass looks like you're smuggling 2 20 lb turkeys, how are you fitting into VS panties?

Genius.

Comment

Working...
                X