This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm riding UTA again...

which means I'll actually have stuff to post again.

So sighting the first... not really bad, just a stupid question

rider- hey, can I use my transfer to go just a few blocks down the street?
    driver- is it still valid?
    rider- yes
    driver- there you go

honestly, if you have a valid transfer you can ride however far as you want... think people, think.

Next on our list of idiots... and this actually happened all day... to be specific, it happened 8 times if I counted properly, idiots dashing in front of the train trying to cross the track as it approached the station... seriously, the trains run every 15 minutes, it is not worth risking your life to get onto the platform to catch the train when a train is approaching.

otherwise it was your standard mix of transit riders... nothing special... except...

The Pedophile...
    As soon as he got he first thing he did was to stand right next to this kid, maybe 12 years old... and all he did the entire time he was on the train was to stair at this kid and smile... and yes, this guy did look like the stereotypical pedophile... seriously dude, at least try to be subtle about it.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Next on our list of idiots... and this actually happened all day... to be specific, it happened 8 times if I counted properly, idiots dashing in front of the train trying to cross the track as it approached the station... seriously, the trains run every 15 minutes, it is not worth risking your life to get onto the platform to catch the train when a train is approaching.
    Nobody would ever do that if it was a Houston Metro bus. If they did, well good luck. Our bus drivers are crazy drivers.

Comment

Or OC-Transpo here.

The bus drivers here seem to like playing "Passenger Pinball" and it seems there are bonus points for the elderly or parents with small children. Or "Car Bodyslam Into the Curb".

Then they wonder why the population around here wouldn't mind another 2 months of no/poor service to see the current lot fired and replaced en-mass.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Most fun I've had is watching the UTA cops dragging off winos.

That, and talking with one of the 220 (Highland Drive) drivers about 60's music - she saw the Beatles twice in LA! and chased them in her '59 DeSoto convertible.

One night we were talking about good bands that never made it & she asked if I'd ever heard of an American band named 'Genesis' circa '68?

Blew her mind when I said "Yes. I have the album and have ripped it to CD."

The vocalist (Sue Richman) was her best bud and Beatle-chaser!

So I copied the CD, printed a booklet from scans of the LP and gave it to her.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

yes... winos and fare evaders are always grounds for much amusement

and why am I not surprised you use the 220?

Comment

yes... winos and fare evaders are always grounds for much amusement

and why am I not surprised you use the 220?
            Is that a voltage joke or a HIGH-land joke?

Comment

actually it wasn't really a joke... you just struck me as the type to live in the south-east central valley.

Comment

WTF is wrong with people? I know a lot of people do that here too with the Light rail/Max....and every once in a while you hear about someone being killed because the train hit them . I NEVER NEVER run in front of the train...it can always go first because it will always win...and it's not worth risking my life over.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

more stories

I'm thinking I'm going to just keep adding to this thread rather than opening new ones every time there is a UTA sighting...
                  Yesterday I saw true laziness at it's worst. Heading north on TRAX the train pulled into the station. There was a lady on the handicap ramp, perfectly able bodied, think that's bad enough, it gets worse. The driver, opened the door and extended the ramp, she walks in and asks the driver which direction he's going (hmm, the fact that the ramp you went up says "to downtown" and the train has the header bar saying "to Salt Lake City Central" doesn't tell you...), the driver tells her (quite confused) that it is a northbound train into downtown. The lady actually got upset and asked how she could get onto the southbound train... they just don't stop at this ramp... blah blah blah... when the driver explained that southbound trains would, wait for it, only stop at the southbound platform... her response was how that was unacceptable because she would have to either walk to the other end of the platform for the other ramp (roughly 400 feet, the horror) or climb the stairs on the train (3 steps, the horror)
                  Seriously, how lazy can you be to not be able to either walk 400 feet or climb three stairs?

Comment

actually it wasn't really a joke... you just struck me as the type to live in the south-east central valley.
                    I did... 40-50 years ago (56thS/19thE & 70thS/28thE) --> the 2nd was 10/60 to 07/69 listening to the ambulances collecting skiers all day every day every winter disinterested me in skiing.

Now my rathole is near 7thE/21stS & work is 106thS/36thE so I ride to 94thS & my boss picks me up for the last 3-4 miles & I get a mile or two of extrasize a day.

Comment

A continued UTA thread huh? So is this going to be your version of the Numbnut chronicles?

Comment

yet more

OK, so this one has me baffled. Basic Salt Lake geography... the airport is roughly 4 miles WEST of downtown, the University is about 4 miles EAST. I boarded the 550 bus (which runs from downtown to the airport), it very clearly says on its header board and the side board that it is a 550 "To Airport". The dimwit in front of me wanted to know if the driver would be going anywhere near the university... and then got upset when the driver informed him that no, he was not heading towards the university... and no, he wasn't going to detour.
                        Added bonus... this happened at Salt Lake Central station... less than 500 feet away is the platform for the TRAX train that goes directly to the university... why the idiot didn't just go over there is a mystery.

Comment

Smiley, be vewy vewy careful around the Trolley TRAX stop...

The time warp is active...

(Seriously, it's still 8:35AM April 30th)

Comment

just drive... ok

OK... I love rude bus drivers sometimes... and by love I mean I want to strangle them and just drive the damned bus myself.

This actually happened a few days ago and I had actually forgotten about this thread until just now.

So, I'm going to work, taking the 205 into downtown. At 2nd south and 5th east the driver turns around to talk to me

driver- where are you going to?
                            (umm... why do you care, I'll pull the string when I'm ready to get off)
                            me- to salt lake central station
                            driver- oh, which route are you transferring to?
                            (umm... once again... I know where I'm going damnit, if I needed your help I would have asked for it)
                            me- transferring to the 550
                            driver- oh, you know that you can get off at west temple and transfer to the 550 there to.
                            (at this point I know what's going on, this is his last run and if I get off at west temple he can go straight to the depot rather than having to deal with salt lake central)
                            me- no, I know that I can transfer at west temple, I know that I have a wait one way or the other, and I'd rather wait at Salt Lake Central than at West Temple, it's safer there.
                            (now, I don't blame him for wanting to get home a little bit sooner... that said, if you have a passenger saying that they want to go to Salt Lake Central then you don't argue)
                            driver- whatever, it's safe at West Temple.
                            me- just drive the bus... I'm going to Salt Lake Central.

seriously dude, I know you want to go home... but going through Salt Lake Central will add 5 minutes, maybe 10 to how long it takes you to get home... time, which I might add, you are scheduled to work anyway. And after I said I'm not comfortable waiting for my transfer at West Temple that should have been the end of the conversation kthanxbye.

Comment

Straight from the Lads from Lagos - On the Bus Again going out to all those who are on the bus,

B
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                              X