This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I. Do. Not. Work. Here.

So I stopped into the local hardware store to pick up a few things. I'm a regular, the employees there all know me, as do quite a few of the other regulars. A customer is having some difficulties installing a shower, and it is the person who handles gardening that is trying to help him. The customer has a description of an item but doesn't know what it is called, and the employee needs an item name to find the item in the computer. He sees me walk by and repeats the description to me, and I provide the proper name for the item and go to continue my shopping.

Another customer observed this and started asking me questions and essentially wanting me to be her personal shopper. Even going and getting an employee to inform the woman that I did not work there didn't seem to get it through her head that I didn't work there. When I left she was still demanding to see my manager and informing me my customer service skills stink.

The manager, by the way, was a huge help. He was hiding in the back laughing his ass off. He so owes me a drink.

Quoth KeresM View Post
    Even going and getting an employee to inform the woman that I did not work there didn't seem to get it through her head that I didn't work there.
    At that point my gloves would come off. I would put it in big words how much of an idiot she is, then in small words, then if that didn't work I'd go "the retard route." I don't think I can describe what that means properly, but it never fails to offend the party it is directed at while making everyone else laugh their asses off.

Comment

It seems that some of us on here work at every store we ever go into, since people are always getting upset with us for not helping them, even when we tell the morons we don't work there and never have! GRR!
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

When it starts getting ugly that's when I'd pull up my right fist with my two large rings on them and calmy say, "How would you like a big discount"???

Comment

If it happens again, why not just ask "Would an employee call you a fucking asshole to your face?".
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I think that you should make every reasonable endeavour to politely inform them that you do not work there. Naturally. And it seems you did.

If you do this, and they still push, then all best are off.

I would be telling them how it sucks working here, the management are always screwing over the workers. I'd try to "find" an item, fail, and say "Man, they change these freaking things all the time just to screw with the customers" and so on. Be the worst employee possible. Even including Sheldon's suggestion.

I would find that amusing.

Comment

Remember, the fact that you do not work there means you can be as mean as you want and not get in trouble!
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

long as you don't threaten them... and hell it aint a threat to say to them "suck my ****"

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  I would be telling them how it sucks working here, the management are always screwing over the workers. I'd try to "find" an item, fail, and say "Man, they change these freaking things all the time just to screw with the customers" and so on. Be the worst employee possible. Even including Sheldon's suggestion.

I would find that amusing.
                  Eh. I have no problem screwing with some jackass who ignores something as basic as "I don't work here" - but my attempts to mess with the SC shouldn't cause problems for the store and its workers.
                  Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    long as you don't threaten them... and hell it aint a threat to say to them "suck my ****"
                    Nah, it's only a threat if you add "or else".

I never tell them I don't work there unless they ask point blank.

I mean, why should I think they think that if they have no reason to?

Did that make ANY sense?

I just react exactly the way the situation warrents it. I am customer responding to another customer. If they are polite, I am polite. If they aren't, then I react like you'd expect a total stranger to react if confronted by a douchbag.
                    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 07-14-2009, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Nah, it's only a threat if you add "or else". I never tell them I don't work there unless they ask point blank. I mean, why should I think they think that if they have no reason to? Did that make ANY sense?
                      Makes perfect sense to me because I do it, even if I actually do work there, but am off the clock and have a sweatshirt over my shirt. Fun to watch them try to report me for not working off the clock.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                      X