This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asshole Of The Week

Somehow, I get the feeling that this guy is most likely retired and does stuff like this every day just to pass the time and entertain himself.

This morning, I decided on the way home from Wal-Mart that I probably should fill up the gas tank and get enough ciggs for the long weekend, and an iced cappuccino treat for myself for surviving another long, horrid night at work.

So I pulled into the Kwik Trip right off of the freeway. This Kwik Trip is quite large, it used to be a Shell station. Along the highway is a service road and several business, therefore, there are several entrances into this Kwik Trip.

I didn't notice until I'd already pulled in that, for some reason, a whole row of pumps were blocked off with yellow tape.

So I did what any smart person would do. I decided I'd back up and go to the last available pump, and make sure to maneuver in such a way that I was facing the right way to pump gas (trust me, people do it wrong all the time and forget what side of the car that their gas tank is on).

So I looked behind me. No one coming. I put the car in reverse, and began to slowly back up and maneuver......continuing to look behind me, as any smart person would do while in reverse.

Then as I'm just about done and almost ready to put it back in drive and just wiggle in by the pump, I see a Buick come roaring into the parking lot and get right on my tail. Oh lovely, a cranky old asshole with the typical cattbutt face expression plastered amongst all his wrinkles and broken blood vessels.

I really didn't want to get into a spat, so I ignored his assholish behavior (because he could have used any other entrance and not had to even deal with my car, but he just HAD to come rip roaring right up behind me).

I parked by the pump and before I got my purse, I looked over to see where he'd went. The asshole must have decided that I'd gotten in his way so much that he was going to go all the way around to the side of the building, where delivery trucks are supposed to park. He slowly got out of his car (so heavy on the gas pedal, yet he had the speed of a constipated turtle getting out), and was glaring at me as he slowly shuffled into the store.

I pumped my gas and then went inside to get my ciggs and treat and pay.

Of course, by the time I got inside and was in line, he'd already gotten a cup of coffee and was lingering around the newspapers, angrily glaring at all of them, as if the headline on every paper was "Major Lawsuit With Depends Undergarments!"

He was still lingering there by the time I'd signed the store copy of the receipt and gotten my items bagged and was starting to head out the door.

The moment I got near him, he started to slowly shuffle out the door with his precious cup of coffee.

I could have been an asshole and whizzed around him and went out the other door, but I wasn't about to get in other people's ways and make an ass of myself just to one up this cranky old arsehole.

So he slowly opens the door, opens it to (what he thinks) is just enough to let himself out, and as I instictively figured, yup, he tried to close it behind him as hard as possible.

Sorry for you, old asshole, but I'm a really small girl and I have a cat-like tendency where I can slink and squeeze into just about anything if I really want to get through. His attempt to slam the door in my face completely failed.

Wow....go to the gas station to just get a cup of coffee and be an ass to whatever poor individual you decide to pick on for that period of time. Must be nice to have so much free time.

I should have given him a piece of my mind.....but I think I disappointed him enough that he didn't get to squish my face with the door.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Sometimes the best thing to do is to say nothing. It drives them NUTS
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      I'm with you! Plus, get to the point of compassion, if you can. I mean, how sad is that guy's life?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

No, the best thing to do is, as you go for the door, wave him on through, smile, and say "Oh after YOU sir, I insist!"

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          No, the best thing to do is, as you go for the door, wave him on through, smile, and say "Oh after YOU sir, I insist!"
          That's what I mean: treat them better. There's a proverb that says that kindness to your enemy is the equivalent of "heaping burning coals on his head. ," presumably because it shows he didn't get you to take the low road. It takes compassion to get to the point of kindness to someone like that. At least for me.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            It's true. I used to have anger management issues, making me, in all honesty, an SC from hell in a lot of situations. That was a long time ago, but I can still remember how when I was pouring my rage into some undeserving target, their ignorance of their "transgressions" against me was enough to have me scrounging around the inside of my car for something blunt and heavy. I'm glad I sought treatment before the police sought me. But yeah, even better, smile. You'll give 'im an aneurysm.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              yet he had the speed of a constipated turtle getting out.
              he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he

That is all.
              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Oh, it's no laughing matter. Constipation is no joke, especially when the poor turtle can't do anything about it.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Of course, by the time I got inside and was in line, he'd already gotten a cup of coffee and was lingering around the newspapers, angrily glaring at all of them, as if the headline on every paper was "Major Lawsuit With Depends Undergarments!"

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X