This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is today rude and stupid day?

I have to ask because I swear everywhere I went (except SOs store and the comic store), everyone I met seemed to be really rude or really stupid.

The worst was at Sams. I went to get a click n pull. The clerk that waited on me acted as if she'd never heard of a click n pull then gave me attitude when my card wouldn't scan and kept asking me if it was still good. As I was leaving, people were standing around like they'd never seen the inside of a warehouse store before, then gave me dirty looks when I said excuse me.

The second worst was at the movie theater where I went to see Transformers. I got a combo and the cashier made an "at this time of the morning?" comment. I just gave her an icy glare as I walked away. I mean, what's so wrong with popcorn at 11am?

SOs store and the comic store were the pleasant of them all. No problems except it was busy as hell and I saw SO looking like he'd rather be elsewhere.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

No defense, but I've noticed my customers are 10x needier/higher-maitnenance than usual today and we're not staffed properly, so there's LOTS of them to boot.

Again, not an excuse for their treating you badly. I'm managing to be civil and polite to customers, but will concede that it's been more difficult than usual to do so.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

In retail, EVERY day is "Rude & Stupid Day". Some days are just better than others.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I noticed that at work today too. Just all kinds being rude. I did this to one
        Well....he was being a poo. but i didn't to his face.
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
          I noticed that at work today too. Just all kinds being rude. I did this to one
          Well....he was being a poo. but i didn't to his face.
          Thats what I love about being on the phone. I flipped alot of people the bird today as I sounded cheery and polite.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Uhhh, not to sound too stupid, but what's click 'n' pull? I don't have Sam's Clubs down here, and while the website has links to it, it doesn't describe it very well to anyone unfamiliar with it.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
              I mean, what's so wrong with popcorn at 11am?
              I have been thinking about what to use as a sig. I have been thinking about using this one for a while, but now you have convinced me.

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.

And a large Diet Coke. It's not just for breakfast anymore!
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                I noticed that at work today too. Just all kinds being rude.
                That is odd. It's not a full moon until the 7th.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
                  Uhhh, not to sound too stupid, but what's click 'n' pull? I don't have Sam's Clubs down here, and while the website has links to it, it doesn't describe it very well to anyone unfamiliar with it.
                  It's pretty much shopping for items online at the warehouse of choice and pick it up. It makes it a lot easier when you don't have an hour or two to kill.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I go to Dairy Queen a lot lately after I discovered they do the full menu all day.

Cheeseburger and fries at 8am

Cause after working all night I don't usually want eggs and hashbrowns. Through more often I'll stop at the grocery store and pick up a steak on my way home, then smile at my neighbors when they see me on my balcony barbequing when they're just waking up.
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Well the notion of what foods are breakfast foods versus dinner foods is pretty arbitrary. If I want to have pancakes at 2am then I'm damn well having pancakes.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

http://www.punchanpie.net/cgi-bin/au...?date=20070406

For all of you!

ETA: It's just a comic that this thread reminded me of.
                        Last edited by McGoddess09; 07-04-2009, 03:59 PM.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Working...
                        X