Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really something you want to be advertising?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really something you want to be advertising?

Observed on a T-shirt being worn by a young man while I was out grocery shopping today:

FAIL
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Perhaps it was meant as a statement? If so, with the state of the world, it's not far off...

Comment

I think it was possibly more an outwards looking statement than inwards. Like people who wear "You're a bitch" on their shirts.

Comment

just add "ure" and he's set
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

There's a reason that the shirt I got from Spencers that has "Fuck off" written all over the shirt, stays in the closet and doesn't get worn outside of the house.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            There's a reason that the shirt I got from Spencers that has "Fuck off" written all over the shirt, stays in the closet and doesn't get worn outside of the house.
            You should wear that shirt when Sheriff or one of your crotchety neighbors comes over to bug you.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I need that shirt, blas. I have a crotchety old neighbor lady and I just haven't the gumption to actually say the words to her face. Be my luck, she can't read.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I get customers wearing those all the time. The other one is DILLIGAF which I thought must be the name of an arrogant wanker club. I looked it up and found it it means "Do I Look Like I Give A F***?" So my first guess was sort of correct.

Comment

Blas dear, you've had that t-shirt all this time, and never mentioned it?? Why on earth haven't you had it hanging on the line a few times in full view of your crotchety old lady neighbour?????

I had a favourite t-shirt some years back - "Make my day - piss off".

Of course, I also had "Blame me, if it makes you feel better"
                  When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

There's a reason my favorite t-shirt is "Maybe if this shirt is clever enough, someone will finally love me" from XKCD.

Of course, it's gotten a depressing number of people to tell me that they love me.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                      There's a reason my favorite t-shirt is "Maybe if this shirt is clever enough, someone will finally love me" from XKCD.
                      Please tell me that shirt is still available for purchase.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Of course, it's gotten a depressing number of people to tell me that they love me.
                        Have I mentioned recently that I love you ArcticChicken
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

How many is depressing? One (Smiley) or lots?
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I'm still rocking it with my "Frankie Say Relax"* shirt.

*Which I bought a few years ago; I believe I was actually born after that shirt was popular.
                            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

My favorite t-shirts generally can't be worn outside the house, and I couldn't wear them in front of my kids when they were younger:

"Whip me, Strip me. Fly me, Tie me." (Under the guise of fly-fishing)

And, dammit...I can't remember the second one - just that it had something to do with suggestive shots and irish whiskey. Interesting that I can't find it. I think my bastard ex stole it when he left - just out of spite. He HATED when I wore it.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X