This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Beach suckiness

So, my family has a cottage at a private beach association. (this sounds way more fancy than it is, the house has been in our family for generations.)

So next to our beach, there is a public beach. Between the two is a gate and a guard shack. My cousins and I enjoy walking over to the shops in the public beach, and in years past the gate has always been open. This year, however, they seem to be cracking down and not letting people through the gate unless they have a beach pass.

This really isn't a big deal, if you don't have a beach pass all you have to do is walk about 50 feet out onto the sand around the far side of the guard shack, and come back up on the other side. This isn't something that is frowned upon, this is what the guards tell people to do if they don't have a pass.

Anyway, my cousins and I are stopped by the guards on our walk and told we need a pass to go through the gate, or else we have to walk around. And since we were pass-less I said to the guard 'oh well, I guess we'll have to go around then.'

The poor guy was SO RELIEVED that we didn't go off on him. He seemed almost shell shocked already, and we're only 1/3 of the way through the season. Such a vivid reminder of how many of my neighbors are TOTAL EW's.

I hate to think of what the rest of that guy's summer is going to be like. ><
    Last edited by ladyklack; 07-05-2009, 02:54 AM.
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

I'll bet i had that same face when some AWESOME guy told me I was doing a "hell of a job" yesterday morning when we had two call-outs and were super short staffed and busy up the wah-zoo.

Please, everyone, go out tomorrow and tell someone, anyone that they're doing a good job. It is one of the nicest and easiest things you could ever do.

Comment

Working...
    X